Thread: Introducing Myself

Thanks

Default Introducing Myself

Hello Everyone,
    I'm Tina Moore from Fenton, MI I am 45 years old.
    I found this wonderful site in January, I didn't write much due to sitting at the computer for just a short period starts some pain flare ups, so I waited until I got a laptop so I can be in a comfortable position and on the Web...anyway I've had Lupus for about 5 years and in 2002 was hospitalized with DVT, PE,and found out at that time that I have Nephritus. Medicine doesn't seem to work for me and I did everything natural, herbs, vitamins and nutrition. That all worked until the bloodclots started and the pain was so severe Moraphine & Vicodin ES didn't even phase the pain (I never was a medicine taker even as a child). Anyway, after I got out of the hospital my 23 year old son was hospitalized due to severe pain and stiffness along with dehydration. After 4 days of extreme vomiting he was dx with Lupus SLE, RA, Raynards & Epstein Barr. He took the meds for one year he was on Steriods, which have caused other problems. This could be a really long story, but I'll try to make it short, we lost our wonderful doctor, due to the fact that she no longer takes our insurance, and let me tell you it has been HELL on earth trying to find another doctor, that doesn't treat us like crazy lunitics and drug addicts. But the Lord is blessing us everyday, I'm getting used to not doing all the things I used to do. What is sad that young people have to deal with this disease. My son and I are currenetly waiting for a SS hearing which we have an attorney. We'll see what happens, it has been terrible losing 2 incomes in less than 2 months time. I think we need to do something to help families and individuals with problems that awise from illnesses that prevent earning incomes. Any ideas?? Thank you much for this Wonderful Website, I'm still learning how to use things... :?

Saysusie is offline Super Moderator Super ModeratorEmperor of the Universe
    Blog Entries
    Thanks

Hi Tina and welcome. I totally and completely agree with you about the fight that we have with SS and doctor's who treat us as if we are lunatics and hypochondriacs!!!
    It is difficult when two members of the household have this disease. My daughter and I both had Lupus! She died in 1999 due to complications of the disease at the age of 24. So, I know what you mean when you say it is horrible for young people to have to deal with all of the symptoms and illnesses that accompany Lupus!
    My prayers are with you and your son! I hope that we can provide you both with comfort and support!!
    Peace and Blessings
    Saysusie