Thread: Hello from Austin College

Thanks

Default Hello from Austin College

Hi all,
    I'm just checking in to say hi from lovely Austin College in Sherman, Texas. I'm here having a great time with a group of other Latin teachers. We've just finished making a wonderful Roman meal in the way a Roman would have prepared it, and we have drunk entirely too much Italian wine!
    Now, I need to read some Cicero and some Catullus before I pass out so that I will be ready for the discussions tomorrow! Yes, Latin teachers do have a wild and crazy side!
    I'm feeling pretty good other than the fact that I tend to have a difficult time moving around due to the painful joints. We have to walk across the campus for most of our meals, which is rough. Sometimes, my chest starts to hurt and feel heavy for a bit, but I'm the only one whon notices it, so it's all good!
    Love to all, and I'll check in when I can before I fly off to Vegas on my next adventure.
    Marla

Thanks

Hi Marla,

What a wonderful opportunity to play and stay at such a beautiful campus, or it was when I visited a hundred years ago (it feels that long) back in the early 80's.

Don't ignore that chest pain, it could be pericarditis - when the lining of heart swells around your heart making it difficult to breathe. I kept ignoring it until one day, I couldn't breathe on my own. I don't want to scare you, I want only to help in any way I can.

I hope you continue to have a fantastic summer, take good care of yourself....and pace yourself, that is so important.

Thanks for sharing and making us all wish we were with you!!!!!

Much love,
    Browneyedgirl
    "I believe that friends are quiet angels who lift us to our feet when our wings have trouble remembering how to fly." - unknown

Saysusie is offline Super Moderator Super ModeratorEmperor of the Universe
    Blog Entries
    Thanks

Hey Marla (or should I say "Carmen Miranda?" ) :lol:
    Who knew that Latin teachers would also be globe trotters (in a fashion).
    Just keep having fun and it is always a joy to hear from you while you are traveling!
    Take Care of Yourself and Keep on Keepin on

Peace and Blessings
    Saysusie

Thanks

Glad you're having a good time - college campus walking can be difficult though! I've never been to that campus - sounds a bit warm this time of year. DO WATCH THE SUN!!! A big broad brimmed hat, LOTS of sunscreen reapplied often.

Yes, pay attention to that chest pain.

And....tell your walking-mates to slow down and enjoy the scenery. No reason to walk like you're in New York City! You are in the SOUTH - and shouldn't do anything too fast!

Hugs and enjoy!