Thread: just venting on pain.

Thanks

Default just venting on pain.

:cry: I feel as if I've been ran over by a truck. I can't tell where the FM ends and the lupus begins, or vise-versa (Doc says its early lupus, can that cause so much pain even in early stages?). The stabbing pains are almost to severe to take. Meds just are not cutting it today. I don't take pain pills, for fear of addiction (half my family's addicted). I want to lay down, but it increases the pain and stiffness. I want to move to decrease some of this, but it hurts so much. My foot feels as if someones having fun grinding a screwdriver in it. Almost all joints have the stabbing pain. What do you do for relief? How do you make it stop? I have 3 kids and a husband to take care of. My house and pets and yard. Seems I still have to do all the work. No one here helps or cares to take the load off me. They act as if it doesn't hurt as bad as I claim. Its frustrating. My eyes and head hurt to, muscles are so weak and hurt. Mild chest pains too.

I just needed to get it out of my system, sorry. I'm very glad for these boards, you people are so great. It just saddens me so much that I have to turn to a computer to find understanding and support, not my family. Sometimes I just wish I could vent at home to someone, not that I don't appreciate you all. Does this make sense to you? Everyone here just acts as if I'm still the old me who does it all, and they don't want it to change. I guess I'm just tired of being ignored when I want help or understanding.

Well, now thats out of my system I'm going to go to bed. I will get up tomorrow with a smile on my face and keep making it through the day. I will do it for me and my kids (its not their fault they are to young to understand). I'm normally a pretty strong person, forgive me for my weak moment. ops:
    Cheryl

Saysusie is offline Super Moderator Super ModeratorEmperor of the Universe
    Blog Entries
    Thanks

Hi Cheryl :lol:
    Like you, I often do not know where the Lupus pain ends and the FM pain begins (or visa versa). Like you, my Lupus has been downgraded to "Mild", but I still suffer from joint pain, muscle pain, inflammation, migraines, debilitating fatigue and a host of other symptoms. The muscle burning and soreness, I suspect, is the FM. The joint pain and migraines, I attribute to the Lupus. The knock down fatigue I blame on both.
    Even when I am extremely fatigued, my muscles are burning and sore and my joints are killing me, I try to exercise at least 20 minutes each day. In the summer, I do my exercising in the pool. It truly does help with everything (except the burning muscles...nothing seems to help that and I just endure it). It makes me feel better emotionally which, in turn, helps me physically and it helps with the fatigue.
    I know it is difficult to get our loved-ones to understand how debilitating Lupus can be. The fact that it is called Systemic indicates that it affects EVERY part of our bodies (skin, tissue, muscles, joints, internal organs, hair, etc.) Sometimes, when you can get them to understand that one point, they seem better able to understand everything else. Educating your family and friends about your disease is just as important as educating yourself. Their understanding and support is an important part of your being able to manage this disease. We are here to help you in any way that we can and you can vent here as much as you need to!

Peace and Blessings
    Saysusie

Thanks

Cheryl,

Sorry to hear you are feeling so bad but YES even in the early stages Lupus can hurt that bad. That's how mine was. Tired of laying there in pain and too scared to try and get up and move for fear of the pain. Maybe taking some type of OTC arthritis tylenol or something might curb it a little for relief.

As far as hubby, it's a learning experience for us all and we understand better because we feel it they don't and we just have to learn to be patient with them while they try to learn from the outside looking in.

Just know you are not alone in any of this and I will keep you and your family in my prayers.

Thanks

Default You may want to try Lyrica

I'm finding it helps with the pain

Thanks

Thanks everyone, feeling better today. Took some Neproxan, helped a little. Made myself keep going. I guess you have to go through the pain in order to help those in pain. Sorry, I just broke. I have a high pain tolerance and I'm very patient. I just lost it when everyone kept asking me over and over to do or get things. I tell them how bad I'm feeling, they just roll their eyes and walk off. Still expecting me to do or get what they want. I hate feeling helpless, I've always been the one who helps everyone. My phone still rings for that. Guess I'm having a hard time with the tables turned.
    Thanks for your thoughts and prayers, they helped. :lol: It actually felt good to vent, ashamed to admit. Just telling someone, and know they're actually listening and understanding takes a load off. Who'd thought a little gripping could do some good (I'm quiet and keep to myself).
    Thanks again, your in my thoughts and prayers.
    Cheryl

Saysusie is offline Super Moderator Super ModeratorEmperor of the Universe
    Blog Entries
    Thanks

You are most welcome :lol: I am glad that you are feeling better!

Peace and Blessings
    Saysusie

Thanks

hi cheryl,

i kno exactly how you feel every 1 in my house acts like im lying about the pain im only 16 and my dad tells me 2 suck it up like i dont have enough problems dealing with this and i have 2 hear him complain about me complaining i dont want 2 take perscription pain killers either cause alot of my dads side of the family is addicted 2 them. sumtimes i ask myself why god created me if he just wanted me 2 be in pain

Thanks

Sorry to hear your homes no better than mine. Hard isn't it? Like we can suck it up, if so we wouldn't be complaining so much. I think Gods trying to show us we're stronger than we think. When I think about it, no one in my home could possibly go through my pain and handle it so well as we do. Besides, I'm learning people can't except the things they can't understand. I'm always hear if you'd like to vent. It actually made feel a little better, so take your turn and let it out. I've always been a good listener. Anyone else need an ear, I'm here for you all. Helping others has seemed to help me. Thanks for listening to me, I'll listen in return and offer advice or just an ear.
    Cheryl