Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Itchy&Scratchy

Thanks

Default Itchy&Scratchy

Any guys or gals ever get an extremely intense itch on their legs. One that WILL NOT go away until it says ok?

Thanks

i used to have extreme itches on the bottom of my feet until they went permanantly numb, i think it prolly had something to do with neurapathy
    Fair Oaks California

Saysusie is offline Super Moderator Super ModeratorEmperor of the Universe
    Blog Entries
    Thanks

Do you have raised red bumps and/or lesions as well as the itchy legs? If so, this is not uncommon in Lupus. Some people with lupus develop skin lesions (subacute cutaneous lesions) that initially resemble small pimples but that eventually turn scaly and itchy, whereas others have large, flat, itchy lesions with clear centers.
    Have you heard of Restless Leg Syndrome? RLS sensations are often described by people as burning, creeping, tugging, or like insects crawling inside the legs. Often called paresthesias (abnormal sensations) or dysesthesias (unpleasant abnormal sensations), the sensations range in severity from uncomfortable to irritating to painful.
    Is it in the same place in one leg or both legs? Allergic reactions will not cause itching symmetrically on both legs.
    Does it occur after a shower? Does it occur after exercise? Could be Itchy leg syndrome which some believe is due to due to poor circulation.
    Could be viral or some sort of infection. There are so many reasons why you may have itchy legs. Perhaps you should discuss it with your doctor. In my research, however, I did find a lot of discussions, by men in particular, who described your symptoms - mostly after hot showers or after exercising!

Saysusie

Thanks

hello all
    i get really itchy hands, also those feelings in the legs i get something like that,Saysusie the way you describe some of those is exactly what i get. so they could be realated to the lupus. also those subacute cutaneous lesions do they look simular to school sores?

learning more every day

how is it all going teroid?

shane

Thanks

I don't get any bumps, rashes, or scratches. It's just soo intense, and makes u extremely frustrated bcuz there's nothing you can do and it's more irritating than my 5-yr old neice. It also happens at the bottom of my legs and feet.

Saysusie is offline Super Moderator Super ModeratorEmperor of the Universe
    Blog Entries
    Thanks

Utenutter :lol:
    I have to admit to my ignorance here......I do not know what "school sores" are??

SORRY :?

Saysusie

Thanks

sorry thats there common name over here technical name is "impatigo" i think thats is how you spell it.

shane

Thanks

Default Parethesias

I too have the itch. I have episodes involving hands, feet, my right ear and a permanent patch below my right hand side ribcage.
    Murphy was an optimist.

O'Toole's Commentary on Murphy's Law

Thanks

I have the raised red itchy bumps on my legs and stomach, esp after being in heat. It's an irritation where my clothes are. How do I treat that??

Blog Entries
    Thanks

I have itchy elbows...INTENSE itchy elbows and as of late it has been itchy hands and a small patch on my chest. Comes and goes but when it is here I scratch like HECK!!! I do use benedryl or cortaid as I was told by my dr. it was okay and common. I do have the small red raised bumps Susie stated but they come and go. I have noticed more as of late that I have them more often when it is extremely hot, which it has been the past few weeks in S. Cali (los angeles) and weather conditions with the fires out here.