Thread: unrelentless thirst.

Hybrid View

Thanks

Default unrelentless thirst.

I seem to have an unrelentless thirst lately. I have no idea why. No new meds, everything is as usual. Does anyone have any idea why? I drink and drink and drink water all day long. Lots at one time too. I've never been so thirsty. Water seems to be the only thing that quinches it, but unfortunately not for long. I have been thirsty before, but from reasons I can explain. That thirst is easily quinched. This is so different. I can't stop being thirsty, its gettins on my nerves!! :x

Any thoughts or suggestions would be appreciated, Thanks.
    Cheryl

Thanks

I don't know where you live, but it could just be because of the Summer season-a climate issue. Other than that, have you ever been checked for diabetes?

Thanks

I have a very similar problem. I actually drink about 200 oz of water a day. I have been tested for diabetes and I do not have it, but they absolutely tested me when I told them of this symptom. No real idea what causes mine. I've actually just kind of gotten used to it.
    AB

Thanks

Hi Cheryl_v!

I agree with Pretti in Pink. If you've never been tested for Diabetes, now would be a good time... It may not be Diabetes Mellitus, it may be Diabetes Insipidus, but you must have this checked out A.S.A.P.!

Let us know what goes on!

Keep well!

Thanks

Back in feb. I had my yearly blood work for sugars, chol., LDL, HDL & other things they check. My blood sugar was 108. I had no food or drink as told not to as usual. Is that normal range? I have an app. in early Aug. with GP. Should I call or wait and mention then? I'm not sure whats normal levels. Thank you all, I'll mention the thirst problem at my next visit. :P(as much as I read you'd think I'd remember sugar level ranges,lol) I will get my medical book and see if I can find out about sugar levels. Once again, thanks for the advice.
    Cheryl

Thanks

I know we aren't really supposed to post links here, but here is the mayo clinic site for blood sugar:

http://www.mayoclinic.com/health/blo...A00102/SI=2279

Also, if you just want to search google for "normal blood sugar range" (without the quotes) you will get a plethora about normal, pre-diabetic and diabetic ranges. Just keep in mind that like everything else, test results vary even if you are fasting. You might have one result one month and another in three months. My GP says that for most "official" diagnoses, you must have the same general result on three separate tests (this is of course not necessarily true for illnesses such as SLE, but holds true for high blood pressure, hypoglycemia, pre-diabetes, cholesterol, etc if you fall in the lower end of positive.)

Did that make sense? Hope this helps...
    AB

Thanks

Thank you AB, that web page helped. Save me some reading. It seams that 108 is prediabeties range. I'll tell doc, maybe check again. Thanks for the info, I'll surely keep a check. :P
    Cheryl

Thanks

Default dry mouth

little gold fish-
    One day I started to get very thirsty, and not just thirsty-My throat and mouth got so dry, I could barely talk or swollow. No spit-no saliva. My Dr. ran some more tests, and guess what? Another disease! Sjogrens disease. I have to go every were with a bottle of water. Some candies, sweet tarts or lemon drops or ect.. help. It is worth checking out--it also goes after organs.

Thanks

Thanks for the info, I'll have to mention that sense my blood sugar seems to be fine. I do get severe dry throught, almost to the point of pain. Always cotton mouth feel. Have to look into that. Thanks again.
    Cheryl