Thread: Does anyone know what it means Thicking Blood

Hybrid View

Thanks

Default Does anyone know what it means Thicking Blood

Please help....my blood seems to thickening....do not know what my platelets are yet have not gotten back the results from my bloodwork yet..but the pain in my arms and legs seems to be getting worse....and I a new rhuemy and his bedside manner is lacking and did not explain any of this to me...can someone explain this to me...just a little worried.
    Thank you, Dawn and God Bless

Thanks

It could be that your red blood cells are to high. When RBC is low, its usually means anemic. When RBC is high the blood can thicken. Call and talk to your doc. You GP doc or RA doc. Ask what should you do. Be honest and tell them you don't understand what it means. Drink lots of fluid is my advice. Thick blood can increase risk of heart disease or stroke. I'm not trying to scare you, just concerned. Don't worry about sounding foolish, they work for you and your Ins. company. You are the boss, so demand yourself an answer. Politely of course. :P

Good luck, God bless. :BIG:
    Cheryl

Saysusie is offline Super Moderator Super ModeratorEmperor of the Universe
    Blog Entries
    Thanks

Is it "thicky blood" or "sticky blood"? I found almost no information on Thicky Blood. But here is what I found on Sticky Blood:
    'Sticky blood' is responsible for some cases of recurrent miscarriage and stroke in young people, and it can be a key factor in the occurrence of deep vein thrombosis ('economy-class syndrome' sitting too long on airplanes). Fatigue, migraine, joint pain, or speech difficulties and memory loss may also be consequences of sticky blood. It damages major organs, can blind or even kill you.
    Sicky Blood is also called the Hughes syndrome and antiphospholipid syndrome, and in not uncommon in people with Lupus. It is often mis-diagnosed, mainly as a result of medical ignorance. Hughes syndrome is highly treatable with medication that thins the blood, even something as mild as 'junior' (low-dose) aspirin could work.
    Those with Hughes syndrome have antibodies in their blood against phospholipids, a type of phosphorous-containing fat molecule that's found throughout the body, particularly in the membranes surrounding each cell. There are also antibodies against the proteins that normally stick to phospholipids, known as antiphospholipid antibodies.
    Antibodies are normally produced to fight foreign invaders such as bacteria, but when they're targeted against the body's own structures, as in Hughes syndrome, they cause an auto-immune disease in which the body fights itself. Hughes syndrome may occur independently or in association with another autoimmune disease, usually systemic lupus erythematosus.

Is this the condition you are referring to?

Peace and Blessings
    Saysusie

Thanks

I have a cousin - and have known others - who have a condition where they produce too many red blood cells. The treatment is to have blood drawn - ie donate blood - about once a month.

As the others said - you need to learn more, talk to your primary care doc ifyour rheymy isn't helping.

Thanks

You know, hatlady has a great idea. I forgot , thats what I was told to do 2 yrs ago. My RBC was to high, to much oxygen and iron in the blood. I lost lots of blood due to a miscarriage( didn't know preg at time of advice ). Not the exact way to rid excess blood, but all blood work came back perfect. Was healthier than I had been in a while. (God always has his reasons for what He does, even if we don't understand.) Give the blood donation a try, maybe it'll help.
    Cheryl

Thanks

The disease where you have to donate blood, is because of an overproduction of RBCs.. is Polycythemia Vera, yes it can lead to clotting but its more because the blood thickens because RBCs are most dense than The other parts of the blood and you are overproducing them. Antiphospholipid syndrome/Hughes is when you have specific antibodies that cause your blood to clot too quickly and the blood becomes sticky, its not an overproduction of red blood cells. Its like when you use crazy glue and your fingers get stuck together just from a little drop of it. Where as if you stuck your fingers in a bowl full of elmers glue they wont get stuck together, just be covered in glue. Hope that helps.. be well.. Donna ( my family has both polycythemia vera and antiphospholipid syndrome in it )

Thanks

Default Thank you all

My doctor said that i was dehydrated......my platelettes are finally back to normal.....but I do have another question.......my last blood work came back normal but in November most of my blood was positive and was diagnosed with Lupus then and now continuing treatment with Plaquenil....I guess my question is .....I have been having severe colon and Kidney pain.....and have had protien in my urine.....but my bloodwork on all the Lupus test came back normal for the first time in 8 months......can anyone tell what this means.....please help....still fighting the fatigue, brain fog, pain and now severe colon and kidney pain. Thank you.....God Bless.....Dawn

Saysusie is offline Super Moderator Super ModeratorEmperor of the Universe
    Blog Entries
    Thanks

Hi Again Dawn

Again...please see my response to your post in the other forum. Let me know if you still need information after reading it!

Peace and Blessings
    Saysusie