Thread: Finally, Our Faith and Fellowship Forum!!

Saysusie is offline Super Moderator Super ModeratorEmperor of the Universe
    Blog Entries
    Thanks

Default Finally, Our Faith and Fellowship Forum!!

Well everyone...here it is!!! I hope that we can have some truly helpful and inspirational discussions here. So, let's get started :lol:

Peace and Blessings
    Saysusie

Thanks

Yes, it is here and I am excited to hear what everyone has to contribute. One thing I would like to share this morning is something the pastor spoke on at church yesterday. The name of his sermon was "Unexpected Good Consequeneces". The point of his sermon was most times when we hear the word consequences, we think BAD. But there are times when unexpected good consequences come our way. Sometimes we look for something good and GOD gives us something BETTER. Of course, the best gift he gave us was JESUS.

I would like to piggy back on his the pastor's sermon and encourage someone today that good, unexpected things can happen. Just when we don't see the way out of a situation or how something will work out GOD does the unexpected and sometimes it's more than we could have thought of.

Blog Entries
    Thanks

I am a firm believer in "Looking For The Good". Even in those situations that we think are incomprehensibly bad...if we look hard enough, we will find good. I have said this many times: The same God who created me also created you. God is goodness and Love, therefore, there is goodness and love in you. So, I look for the God in you, I recognize the God in You and I acknowledge the God in you (even if you do not acknowledge him in yourself). In essence, "The God In Me Beholds The God In You...Namaste"
    My motto: "Look for the good. When you find it, praise it!"

Peace and Blessings
    Saysusie

Thanks

I love that motto and I remember your blog earlier this year. You know sometimes when even have to remind ourselves during a trial that good will always prevail as long as we believe it.

I hope others will chim in with us.

Thanks

Man oh man, have I missed this conversation! It's so good to be smothered in love here!!!!!

I believe that there are blessings at every point in our lives. I know for me, being the strong, independant, take charge and stay in control kind of girl that I was - when I suffered kidney failure, heart attack and a stroke all within a three month period time.....it knocked me out of my "self-controlled" world. I now understand that it was the only way my Heavenly Father could get me to stop long enough to pay attention to the message He had been trying to send me all along....MY GRACE IS SUFFICIENT FOR THEE!!

I learned that we can never fall further than God's hands can reach to pick us up, and that when we confess our sins to Him - that He throws them into the sea of forgetfulness and never more shall be brought back.

For those of us who have had the honor and priviledge of living through and witnessing how God works in our lives...it also becomes our responsibility to share that promise of hope with those who are hurting and lost. After all, we may be the only hope that some people will ever see and if we extend to them the love and promises that God gave to us...through His son JESUS, then they can receive and pass along their testimony of love to another person in their life.

I need to run for now.

Much love,
    Browneyedgirl
    "I believe that friends are quiet angels who lift us to our feet when our wings have trouble remembering how to fly." - unknown

Thanks

I'm glad to see this forum as well.

One thing I've learned in my life is that gratitude is important - every day has something to be grateful for - lofe of friends, a bird on the feeder, the rain splashing on the leaves and flowers in the garden...

And gratitude is healing for the spirit.

Thanks

thanks good Hatlady,

it is also good for us to be reminded that being grateful, grateful for the small, big and all of those things in between. Sometimes we can get so caught up in our wants and needs that we forget to thankful for what we have and all of the wonders of GOD can are around us.

Blog Entries
    Thanks

And, isn't it funny how, when we do stop to be thankful for the small miracles that God has shown us each and every day, we are much more able to see what is TRULY important? That it is not what we have, but what we are that makes us successful? That it is no so much what we do, but what is in our hearts, that determines who we are (because, what is in our hearts guides what we do - right?).
    I believe that there are "Little Miracles" happening everyday and if we choose to set our sights on seeing them, we will, at the same time, change our entire outlook on life and that can only be good! There is a song by Luther Vandross that I love to sing, and one of the verses say:
    "What is a miracle? Love is a miracle. Every time that you care, a miracle happens somewhere. So many miracles, even small little miracles. Just take a look around, soon you will figure out. That it might be today, little miracles can happen every day!"

Peace and Blessings
    Saysusie