Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Prednisone, flare, sun? I don't know

Thanks

...Yes, I know about arthritis, and typing, and thought about that before I submitted. I never questioned thee importance of spelling. People were adding extra letters, not less, and they were typical errors of words. Everything you said has no revelation of what I was trying to ask. Just sounds like you took my question the wrong way, and I apologize for not wording that better. The question was based more towards their age, and mental stability. I was just curious. It is a trigger question to sort-of, 'beat around the bush', if you can follow me.

Thanks

Brian I really don't know what you're talking about. I think I probably spelt a few things wrong, or could have used better sentence structure but I don't really see anything that noticeable.

**edit
    Oh okay, I just realized who you were talking about.

Thanks

Sorry, Sorry, Sorry.
    I'll just do you all a favor.
    Peace,

Thanks

I tiink the spelling ? is silly! Who cares? So what? as long as we can communicate our point, why should we worry about spelling? Don't we have enough to worry about?

The sun makes me extremly sick with-in mins sometimes. I get nausea, headaches, a feeling of faintness, weakness. Like the flu hit me suddenly.
    Even driving on sunny days bothers me. Then I'm sick for days after.
    Rashes, hot achy joints, extreme fatigue it is awful.
    I know it is hard to avoid the sun. I was a sun lover. I would lay out in it & litterally just soak it up. I loved to be outside alot. But it is not worth the price I have to pay. Do all you can to protect yourself.
    Good-luck
    malay*b

p.s. I know how you feel about the lung pain I have it too, sometimes I can't even lean back in a chair, or take deep breathes.

Thanks

Default Prednisone can prevent organ damage

Hi Sari, Sounds like you need some prednisone. Don't let your doctor totally control you. Some of them don't listen, when you are needing help.
    I would take prednisone when your lungs are hurting or if you have trouble breathing. this is serious. You are flaring. Don't risk organ damage.The other weak drugs won't help. I had lung pain, breathing pain and all the rest of it too. I got over it, stopped the disease's progress with some prednisone.
    When everything is calmed down, then you can cut back.
    Prednisone can save your life. It did mine.

I got lupus 30 years ago. But I have been in remission for a long time! I figured out what to do for myself. Iwas once very ill. At one time I was on 30mg/day of prednisone. I learned to adjust the doses as needed. Always decrease gradually!
    I eventually went down to 5mg/day then 2 1/2, then 0. I have been in remission for 15 years. Now all I take is some Tylenol#3 with codeine sometimes.
    Iwill take some prednisone when I have some big dental work, any kind of medical procedure or on rare occasions when I need it to get through a big stressful event. I can go for 10 months with no prednisone.

Don't go in the mid-day sun, wear hats, sunscreens and sunglasses. Stay in the shade, go out in the late afternoons and evenings.
    Say "no" if you can't do something because you are ill. Take care of yourself first!
    Change your life. Meditate, paint, read more. Take vitamins and minerals. Eat Healthy. I healed my lupus naturally. It took several years, but I did it. I combined natural healing with conventional medicine. All the while I saw my lupus doctors, had blood tests, and I also added safe and natural healing methods to build up my immune system! I gradually reduced the prednisone.

Good luck. Take charge of your health! Maybe you need to get another doctor.

Thanks

Default Sary

Sorry Sary, I spelled your name wrong on the last note.

All the Best, Barbara Jean