Thread: new here

Thanks

Default new here

hi all, i'm new! i'm a 19 year old college student from the north idaho panhandle. i'm in the process of being/ have been diagnosed with lupus for about a year.(it changes with doctors). i would greatly appreciate any "words of wisdom" that you have to offer, i'm still trying to learn how to cope with all the symptoms. thanks!

Saysusie is offline Super Moderator Super ModeratorEmperor of the Universe
    Blog Entries
    Thanks

Default new here

Jennfritz; Hello and welcome to our site! We all understand and know how tedious it can be going through the diagnostic process. It always takes a year or more for a final diagnosis. My suggestion would be to learn as much as you can about Lupus, its symptoms, treatments and what kinds of things may cause flare-ups. Believe it or not, knowledge can be the thing that gives you the most comfort when you are experiencing the many painful symptoms of Lupus. Of course, we are here to answer questions or just to talk when you need to!
    Best of Luck
    Peace and Blessings
    Saysusie

Thanks

Default new here

Hi Jennfritz--It took me about 9mths. to be finally diagnosed. I wouldn't say I "got lucky" because I had all the textbook symptoms at once--but I also didn't have to go too long without the diagnosis. Everything Saysusie told you is true. The best part about learning about Lupus is that all the little things that come along with the disease can be substantiated without you feeling like you're imagining it all. Even though I found this site recently myself, there is alot of support and it sure does help to relate to others in the same boat. I also started attending local Lupus Support Group meetings recently. Even though I'm not as advanced yet, I get alot of ideas about how to deal with everyday life. I'll be turning 40 on the 9th, so I am extremely concerned about the advancement of my disease and being able to talk to others who have it really helps and keeps me encouraged. There's alot of information on the LFA website, too(Lupus Foundation of America). Have a relaxing Holiday Season!

Denise