Thread: Brand New!

Thanks

Default Brand New!

Hi my name is Sally, I'm 17 years old and I was just recently diagnosed with lupus. I was diagnosed last month with the disease and am getting used to all the things that go with it. I just wanted to say hi and that I'm looking for some people to talk with and get to know. My e-mail is sallyanne03@hotmail.com, thanks for putting up this site.

Saysusie is offline Super Moderator Super ModeratorEmperor of the Universe
    Blog Entries
    Thanks

Default Brand New!

Hello Sally;
    I have been out of town for 2 weeks for conferences. Sorry it took so long to respond to you.
    Welcome to our site. May I ask what type of Lupus you've been diagnosed with? You are quite young, which is in your favor.
    We are here to answer any questions you may have or just to talk - Take care of yourself and, again, Welcome
    Saysusie

Thanks

Default Brand New!

I am diagnosed with SLE. My blood tests have shown that the lupus is affecting my liver. That's about all my rheumy has told me about my organs. We did another blood test last week, and he hasn't gotten back to me on those results just yet. I still get really tired a lot, which is expected, even without the lupus, being in school all day and involved in other activities as well. I don't push myself too much, and I think that it is helping my health. I appreciate your reply and hope everything is going well with you!
    ~Sally Anne

Saysusie is offline Super Moderator Super ModeratorEmperor of the Universe
    Blog Entries
    Thanks

Default Brand New!

I am glad that you are taking care of yourself and not pushing yourself too hard. If you continue to do this, you may have an easier time navigating through this disease!
    Keep me posted!
    Saysusie

Thanks

Default Brand New!

hi sally, my name is jenny, and i'm 19. i'm still in the process of being diagnosed with lupus... it's been going on for about a year. i know what you are going through, the symptoms and all that, and i just wanted to let you know that i am here, if you ever want to talk.

Thanks

Default Brand New!

Hi sallyanne. I'm diagnosed with SLE. Please feel free to e-mail me anytime to just chat about it or whatever. My first piece of advice: Be clear with your Dr. and make sure he is clear with you. I've got a great Dr. and it makes all the difference in the world! Now, if I would only stop wearing face make-up at my regular appts......
    Happy Holidays to you!

Denise