Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: More Hoop la

Thanks

Wink More Hoop la

I didn't know how else to title it. LOL. Being a homeschool mom i spend quite a bit of time at the Library. Yesterday i came across a book, which i will not mention the title, that looked like something Rob would have a field day with. At first i thought it was just about the causes of Autoimmune problems so on. As i thumbed through it i figured out pretty quickly that it was one of the heal all sickness with diet books. I found one chapter that said each blood type had to eat different foods and remove bad foods from their diet to be able to do this. For my blood type O Pos the good food list included ostrich and goat as perfect meats but the bad list said one of the worst possible things we with immune problems could eat was Turtle. Well now that just pissed me off because now what am i supposed to do with this freezer full of Turtle?

tgal is offline Super Moderator Super ModeratorEmperor of the Solar System
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,743 Times in 1,212 Posts

LOL You are funny! As many home school parents as there are here pretty soon someone will say that Home Schooling is the cause of AI diseases!
    Mari

Success is not final, failure is not fatal: it is the courage to continue that counts.

~Winston Churchill~

3. The Following User Says Thank You to tgal For This Useful Post:

craftkeeper (04-13-2011)

Thanks

LOL you are so right. Most of my friends and relatives constantly are after me because it's not something they would do. The theory they have is she needs to be with other children, it's not good for her. More then likely one of them will blame my AI's on it. I bet they all ate to much turtle,dont you?

Thanks

I know exactly what book you are talking about! My husbands aunt bought it and sent it to me. She's convinced I can "cure" my lupus with my diet. And she's a dr! She is an internal medicine doc. It's so frustrating.

Blog Entries
    Thanks

That must be it! Whatever will I eat if I can't eat turtle? I'll go through withdrawal! Don't you just love how other people know what is best for your children? My step-mom, who has never had children, is the worst one! "What qualifies you to teach them?" OMGosh! I have sent her reports/studies that have been done on home schooling - I doubt she ever even read them!
    Lauren

tgal is offline Super Moderator Super ModeratorEmperor of the Solar System
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,743 Times in 1,212 Posts

I have a friend whose daughter had "something that made her ill for 3 years". Went to every hospital and even the Mayo Clinic. For 2 of those years she was basically bedridden from fatigue. Mayo said it sounded like autoimmune but it couldn't be confirmed. They found "The anti inflammation diet" and after about a year she is 90% back to normal. They have sent me this "Dr's" information and the diet itself. They swear it will cure me. yeah, I have heard that before
    Mari

Success is not final, failure is not fatal: it is the courage to continue that counts.

~Winston Churchill~

rob is offline Super Moderator Super ModeratorEmperor of the World
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,105 Times in 628 Posts

Oh no,

I grew up on turtle burgers. And my Mom's turtle taco's have been a family favorite for decades. Then there's the teriyaki turtle I love so much. To know now that I can never eat them again...

This is a crushing blow.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to rob For This Useful Post:

Toradoradi (04-14-2011)

Blog Entries
    Thanks

what about Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles? Can you still watch them, or will there be some ill effect from that as well?

Blog Entries
    Thanks

Thanks for the laugh, wish I had something funny to say...... But my minds not working
    hugs

Blog Entries
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by craftkeeper View Post
    LOL you are so right. Most of my friends and relatives constantly are after me because it's not something they would do. The theory they have is she needs to be with other children, it's not good for her. More then likely one of them will blame my AI's on it. I bet they all ate to much turtle,dont you?
    My mom homeschooled me my whole life and I turned out mostly normal...I'm even socialized and interact well with other people... Who would have though... Lol

I ate a steady diet of ostrich growing up though and that didn't seem to work out so well for me... I still have lupus. Damn my luck...It must have been my the wrong food for my blood type.. If only I had known.