Thread: Only my two thumbs and two forefingers swell. . .

Thanks

Default Only my two thumbs and two forefingers swell. . .

Anybody else have swelling in the extremeties but not all of 'em? I'm not complaining. I guess I'm just waiting (dreading) on the swelling in the other fingers. A co-worker of mine also has lupus and all of her fingers swell. I'm just hoping it sticks to the four. Anyone else experience this?

Thanks

My lupus seems to 'selectively' affect my joints. Sometimes it's just one index finger; sometimes it's my thumbs; sometimes it's my feet. It's never been all of my joints at one time. My doctor says I'm developing osteoarthriitis in my joints and apparently that can happen in only certain joints as well. I don't think you necessarily have to expect that all of your fingers will swell up. Lupus is a very individual disease, and no two of us are alike! (Don't you love being 'special?' :lol: )
    "If you trust Google more than you trust your doctor than maybe it's time to switch doctors."

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by mnjodette
    My lupus seems to 'selectively' affect my joints. Sometimes it's just one index finger; sometimes it's my thumbs; sometimes it's my feet. It's never been all of my joints at one time. My doctor says I'm developing osteoarthriitis in my joints and apparently that can happen in only certain joints as well. I don't think you necessarily have to expect that all of your fingers will swell up. Lupus is a very individual disease, and no two of us are alike! (Don't you love being 'special?' :lol: )
    No, I know mnjodette, it's just so weird (special as you call it) that only 4 fingers swell. Lupus is literally the dumbest disease known to man. I posted before about potatoes being bad for me. When I eat french fries I get swelling, aches, and inflammation. All nightshade veggies (potatoes, tomatoes, and green peppers) trigger flares. I'd been eating french fries for the past month (literally everyday). I stopped two nights ago and I haven't woke up with aches, swelling, or inflammation. I know what they do, but I guess I just sometimes am in disbelief that stupid potatoe could cause me to feel so poorly. Well, I am totally 100% finished with them now. Btw, the swelling in the forefingers and thumbs is gone as well. Weird!! Wait, I meant, special. Lol. Thanks for responding.