Thread: New guy on the block

Thanks

Default New guy on the block

Hello everyone. My name is Joe. I am new here. I was diagnosed with Lupus about a year ago and have been having a very rough time. My doctor doesn't seem to want to do anything, he just wants to wait and see what happens and in the mean time I am miserable. After talking to a lot of people and reading things here and elsewhere on online I have decided to skip SS disability and just take early retirement since I am 58 years old. I don't know what else to say here but, if anyone wants to contact me please feel free, I need friends.

Thanks

Hey Joe, how ya doin, welcome to the boards, I am certainly glad you have decided to forego the stress and frustration of trying to get ssd, its a real pain in the butt, and if you have one of them "wait and see" doctors like i do also, it can even be worse,

There is a mens section in here,where we get together and bs, and the ladies sneak in and check things out, but thats ok

if you have any other questions feel free to ask
    Fair Oaks California

Thanks

Hi Popcorn1959!

Welcome to the Forum! I'm really glad that you found us!

Please just know that anytime you need advice, support, information or just to vent or chat, we're all here for you!

If you are not satisfied with your current doctor, it would probably be best to find a new one.

Keep well and God bless!

Saysusie is offline Super Moderator Super ModeratorEmperor of the Universe
    Blog Entries
    Thanks

Hi Popcorn1959;
    Just wanted to pop in to give you another welcome :lol:
    I'm glad that you found us and that you joined our family. As Teroid said, there is a men's forum here - I hope you will pop in there once in a while to "BS" with him and other male members of this family.

Peace and Blessings
    Saysusie

Thanks

Hi Popcorn,

Some doctors are so afraid to do anything and others are too aggressive. Definitely find someone who will help you. Ask anyone in the medical profession or a fellow patient for a name.

It stinks to feel bad. They say try not to feel bad about feeling bad. I think thats hard to do. But its true that life will be different. It souonds like it can be better than it is right now though.

Take care.