Thread: SLE Patients- I need your help!

Hybrid View

Thanks

Default SLE Patients- I need your help!

Hello all- I would truly appreciate it if your would read the paragraph below to see if you're eligible for my dissertation study. I believe, wholeheartedly, that it will be an important contribution to the body of research on the psychosocial aspects of living with lupus. But, I need your help to make it happen! Thanks for your time, Jennifer

The Physician- Lupus Patient Relationship Survey

The purpose of this study is to investigate the relationship between Lupus (Systemic Lupus Erythematosus) patients and their physicians. In particular, the researchers are interested in how individuals’ general experience of relationships relates to their relationship with their physician. Additional focal points include how this medical relationship relates to issues such as how healthy patients feel, their satisfaction with treatment, and their adherence to treatment. It is hoped that the results of this study will reveal information that will assist not only lupus patients, but all medical patients in getting the critical care and attention they deserve from their medical provider.

Criteria for patient eligibility include:
    (a) Being between the ages of 21 and 60
    (b) Receiving a diagnosis of Systemic Lupus Erythematosus (SLE) at least 3 years ago
    (c) Having seen the same physician three times in the last year
    (d) Willingness to respond to survey questions regarding adherence to their treatment regimen, overall satisfaction with treatment, their own health-related quality of life, their relationship with their physician, and other close relationships in their life.

Participation should take under 30 minutes and involves completing a survey over the internet or by mail. All information will be confidential. A donation of $1 will be given to a Lupus foundation for every individual who participates.

To participate, please click on the link below (if you have trouble opening the page, try copying and pasting the link into your web browser):

http://www.surveymonkey.com/s.asp?u=231683246974

Or, if you have questions, please contact:

Jennifer at (310) 975-9258 or jbennett31@hotmail.com.

Thanks

Interesting survey, Jennifer. Thank you for posting it, thank you for your donations, and I hope you get excellent information.

It took me about 20-25 minutes to do the survey, I hope others have chosen to do it as well!

Thanks

Default Thanks!

Hello, all- Thanks so much to all of you who already completed my survey. If you have SLE, and have not yet filled it out, I would truly appreciate your time. The link to the survey, and eligibility criteria, are earlier in this topic.

Thanks

Jennifer - I completed the survey, but it was confusing on the part where it asks if you've been successful in quiting smoking, reducing alcohol, losing weight, etc. I put "not at all" because I never had to do those things, but I"m not sure that was what you were trying to get at. Just a little feedback......

Good luck with your dissertation!
    Missy

Thanks

Default Thanks for you feedback

Thanks, Missy-
    It's hard to put all the appropriate options in the answer choices, but I appreciate your feedback- I will note it as a limitation.
    Best,
    Jennifer