Thread: Hello :) New Member

Thanks

Default Hello :) New Member

Hello,

Just thought i would introduce myself. I'm 28 years old and have had lupus for about 8 years now. i'm a graduating Senior at Cal State Fullerton, in California and getting a BFA this summer! yay. after 10 years being in college cause of this sickness or another, i'm finally finishing.. :lol: Hope to meet each one of you and getting to you know you and being able to talk to someone who is going through the same frustrations as me. Look forward to meeting you guys!

-Mandy
    married for 1 year to a guy i've been with for 11 years and my supporter, and have 1 dog and 1 cat (my children for now!) :lol:

Saysusie is offline Super Moderator Super ModeratorEmperor of the Universe
    Blog Entries
    Thanks

Hello Mandy :lol:
    Welcome to our forum. We are pleased that you are here and hope that we can offer you comfort, support and information.
    I am proud of the fact that you stuck with school until you finished! Congratulations!!
    What are you plans now?
    Again..Welcome!!

Peace and Blessings
    Saysusie

Thanks

Hi ,

I'm working at this place right now in Irvine, that is wonderful, very understanding of my illness and the work is light and easy. i'm thinking of making my own photography website and do weddings and other events on weekends...extra work, but i love it, so at least i keep my job in the meantime in case this photography business doesn't work out lol.

How long have you had lupus?...is it in it's later stages right now, or things are in remission?...i've been really fortunate and hadn't had it really bad, my husband's mother died in 94 of this disease so as you can guess he gets pretty worried about me, but he's great with helping me out when i'm tired... Well nice to meet you and hope to talk to many other as well as you later on.

-Mandy

Blog Entries
    Thanks

Mandy;
    I was diagnosed in 1985 and acheived remission around 1992. I still suffer from some symptoms (extreme fatigue, joint pain, FM, migraines and IBS). I am able to manage my LUPUS without medication. However, I do take medications for the FM, IBS and migraines.
    Your husband sounds like a wonderful, caring person. I am sorry for his loss and I know that he must be worried about you.
    Take very good care of yourself, I wish the best for you both

Peace and Blessings
    Saysusie

Thanks

Default i'm very new

i was just diagnosed with lupus a week ago and very very new to this lupus..i need help..
    Norolhuda

Blog Entries
    Thanks

Norolhuda;
    We are here to help you and to give you support in any way that we can. Tell me some more about yourself and what you would like help with!!
    Hope to hear from you soon

Peace and Blessings
    Saysusie

Thanks

i was just diagnosed on the 7 feb..i have these symptoms of SLE for nearly 10 years but i thought all the symptoms are jut some changes in my body..i am 33 yrs old..i am a techer..and currently pursuing my masters degree in early childhood educatin..
    since that day when we(my hubby and i)were told that i have a postive SLE i felt like life is very unfair..i have 3 daughters...and now i am taking 15 mg of pred and 400 mg of praq..for this 5 days my body is getting weak...i have backache and sometimes at night i have difficulties in breathing..i may look healthy but 'deep' in myself i am very weak..maybe this sle has effected me pyschologically..but this evening when i was watching tv out of a sudden my left fingers turned blue and i couldn't lift up my left arm...it was so painful..on the 25 march i'ii be doing MRI, which sounds very new to me..and i have my next appointment with my doc next 30thmarch... my husband..he's improving after a few meetings with the doc.. :cry:
    Norolhuda