Thread: 5 weeks on plaquenil and doing great

Thanks

Default 5 weeks on plaquenil and doing great

I started plaquenil over a month ago. I have had some issues with my period and mild cystic acne - but my energy level is at it's highest in 5 years. This started about one week ago and keeps improving. I had crazy side effects with my vision and feeling of my throat tightening for the first 2+ weeks, but that is all over now. I still have burning in my feet, but to have energy to play more with my kids and to ride my bike is really special. I had many reservations when I started taking it but I am happy I did. I know that so many women have awful side effects - but I thought it might be helpful to hear a success story (at least for now).

Saysusie is offline Super Moderator Super ModeratorEmperor of the Universe
    Blog Entries
    Thanks

It is ALWAYS wonderful to hear success stories and to just hear about someone feeling better, able to do more and being able to smile more because of that. So, I am truly happy for you and want to say CONGRATULATIONS.
    Plaquenil is one of those drugs that you have to wait for, and, more often than not, the wait has been worth it!

Again....I am so happy for you :lol:
    Saysusie

Thanks

I know it has been a while since a posting on this topic, but I just wanted to say I am so happy for you! I can totally relate to the feeling of being able to do these things for the first time in a long time. I am still undiagnosed but I started Plaquenil about 2.5 months ago and am making huge changes. Just the other day my boyfriend tickled me and it made me cry because for the first time in 4 or 5 years it didn't hurt. I started jogging short distances about 2 weeks ago and am so happy to be able to do it. I can breathe in all the way, which I haven't been able to do in years. I just feel better all around. My migraines are decreasing in frequency, too, which is a HUGE change for me. I used to have them 2 times a week and right now I haven't had one in almost a month. It's such a great feeling and I'm happy there are others who are getting such good results as I am! And for all those who haven't had good results, I'm here for you and I hope things work out for the better. We are all here for support!