Thread: New to Support Groups

Thanks

Default New to Support Groups

Hi all! My name is Erin. I have had lupus (SLE) for 10-nope make that 11 years now. I'm a 29 year old, married, mother of two young children. I am interested in listening, learning, and helping anyway I can. I would really like to learn more about a healthier more natural lifestyle (foods, vitamins, supplements, etc).
    I'm new to support groups, so please bear with me!
    Thanks

Saysusie is offline Super Moderator Super ModeratorEmperor of the Universe
    Blog Entries
    Thanks

Hi Erin :lol:
    Welcome to our forum and to our family. There have been many discussions here about natural lifestyles with reference to living with Lupus. As you peruse through the forums here, you may find something that interests you or that you have a question about.
    Please know that we are here to help you in any way that we can. Our family is a very supportive, informative, and understanding family. There is always someone here when you are in need.
    I am happy that you found us and that you joined us...

Again....Welcome

Peace and Blessings
    Saysusie

Thanks

Hi Happy1!

Nice screen name!

Welcome to the Forum! I'm glad that you found us!

Please just know that anytime you need advice, support, information or just to vent or chat, we're all here for you!

Keep well!

Thanks

Default hi

hi erin, its noms here,
    thanks for your message and in answer to your questions in the five years ive never missed a day of my medication unless, a doctor tells me to fast,
    im at a point of total frustration because suddenly my test results are good and yet physically im as awful as ever, my doctors dont seem to know what to do and all of a sudden i feel like they dont really care, they seem satisfied with the clinical results and to hell with the physical...

im fluid retained at the mo and look pregnant (not cool)
    i eat well unless i feel sick, i dont smoke, dont drink much and walk a fair bit
    i stress a fair bit and my anxiety seems to have gotten slightly worse, but lupus causes depression so i dont worry when i feel awful so long as i dont stay in bed all day!!!!!!

the worse thing i find about lupus is that i feel awful and ppl keep tellin me how great i look!!!!
    its so invisible and silent,
    i dont want attention but i would like some acknowledgement!!!!

i tried supplements and if you have kidney problems stay the hell away from pottassium!!!!
    b enzyme helped my stomach for eating and organic porridge helps with energy!!!!

is that any help?

Thanks

Default Good times just ahead...

Well Noms, I must say I admire your dedication to your well being. I am working to become more disciplined regarding my health.
    I wish I had some sound medical advice-but I do not. The best thing I can tell you is do your very best not to stress and enjoy your life-the best you can. I definitely understand how uncool the 'bloat' is, I'm so vain I can't stand the hair loss, weight gain, and facial rashes. I learned a valuable lesson about inner beauty when I was bald and fat with a scarred up face. I'd like to think I was always a pretty nice lady, but now I'm really nice and a lot less judgemental. You never know what someone is going through-and I can appreciate that!
    Take the compliments you receive and try to turn them into how you feel. Keep good family and friends around you-keep laughing no matter what. Keep taking care of yourself. Hopefully you'll start to feel as good as you look!
    I get how you feel Noms, even if the rest of the world doesn't.
    Find some beauty, find some happiness then appreciate it~ I mean really enjoy it!
    I'll be here waiting for your message saying how good you've been feeling...

Erin