Thread: SOMETHING TO THINK ABOUT TODAY....Nice Reading

Thanks

Default SOMETHING TO THINK ABOUT TODAY....Nice Reading

We look back on our life as a thing of broken pieces, because our mistakes and failures are always the first to strike us, and outweigh in our imagination what we have accommplished and attained.

Two friends were walking through the desert. During some point of the journey, they had an argument; and one friend slapped the other one in the face. The one who got slapped was hurt, but without saying anything, wrote in the sand: Today my best friend slapped me in the face. They kept on walking, until they found an oasis, where they decided to take a bath the one who had been slapped got stuck in the mire and started drowning, but the friend saved him. After he recovered from the near drowning, he wrote on a stone: "today my best friend saved my life ". The friend who had slapped and saved his best friend asked him, "after i hurt you, you wrote in the sand and now, you write on a stone, why?" The friend replied "when someone hurts us we should write it down in sand, where winds of forgiveness can erase it away. But, when someone does something good for us, we must engrave it in stone where no wind can ever erase it." Learn to write your hurts in the sand and to carve your benefits in stone.

They say it takes a minute to find a special person, an hour to appreciate them, a day to love them, but then an entire life to forget them
    "I believe that friends are quiet angels who lift us to our feet when our wings have trouble remembering how to fly." - unknown

Blog Entries
    Thanks

Aw man.....half the fun of life is holding grudges.....

Saysusie is offline Super Moderator Super ModeratorEmperor of the Universe
    Blog Entries
    Thanks

I liked that parable...thanx Browneyedgirl :lol:

Conrad; So, exactly how much fun are you having???????

SMOOCHES
    Saysusie

Thanks

Grudges....smudges....I think this browneyedgirl needs to show the otherside of life!!

THANKS FOR THE FAIR WARNING....NOW WE KNOW WHO NOT TO GET UPSET (admins always rule) SMILE!!

Thanks for making me smile today. How's music for you these days?

Take Care.

Much love,
    Browneyedgirl

p.s. TODAY, I'M BUYING A HUGE SAND BOX.....that should really keep the neighbors talking for a few more days. You can never be too big for your sandox....can you?
    "I believe that friends are quiet angels who lift us to our feet when our wings have trouble remembering how to fly." - unknown

Thanks

My father in law remembered every hurt, every insult - imagined or real - that took place over his entire life. I know it ate at him and I believe it made him sick - physically. He spent so much emotional energy on these things, and forgiveness never entered his mind. He died with bitterness on his lips, even at the end. I know he loved his family, but that bitterness got between him and nearly everyone. What a sad legacy. Thanks, Browneyedgirl, for the food for thought. I loved it.

(Sorry, Conrad...grudges are just not healthy!)

Jody
    "If you trust Google more than you trust your doctor than maybe it's time to switch doctors."

Saysusie is offline Super Moderator Super ModeratorEmperor of the Universe
    Blog Entries
    Thanks

Conrad does not hold grudges either...he loves to toss a pebble now and then just to get us to laugh.

With referenct to his music, he was hired by Cirque de Soliel and will be leaving for China in January. His contract runs to May 2010 in Macao, China. He is going to be their keyboardist and assistant music director. He will also be trained to conduct the band as backup to the conductor.

So, wonderful things are happening for him and, as always, I am so very very proud of him
    :lol:

Peace and Blessings
    Saysusie

Thanks

O, Wow! Conrad, I'm so impressed! Cirque de Soliel is something I've watched for years, and have seen one performance in person (just once - but soooo memorable.) Congratulations! What an adventure for you. My best to you, dear Admin.

Jody
    "If you trust Google more than you trust your doctor than maybe it's time to switch doctors."