Thread: Hello everyone, I'm new

Thanks

Default Hello everyone, I'm new

Hello all! I'm Trisha and I hail from Oklahoma. I have had Lupus for about 8 years now, well at least confirmed for that long. I also have Fibro and along with both of them, as you all know, are numerous comlications.I discovered this site after doing a Google search one night, desparate for a group or someone else to talk to that had Lupus. I was a member of a yahoo group and it was so big, you never really got to know anyone and then last night, joined a group and quickly quit.......wasn't at all what I wanted.
    Anyway, I'm rambling, so I'll cut this short. .....anyone from Oklahoma out there??
    Trisha

Saysusie is offline Super Moderator Super ModeratorEmperor of the Universe
    Blog Entries
    Thanks

Hi Auntietrish;
    Welcome to our family. I've seen several of your posts and am happy to see that you've jumped right in and that you feel comfortable here. I knowthat you will always find that the people here are very caring, informative, supportive and understanding. Thank you for already provided those things to our members yourself.
    I am glad that you found us and that you decided to join us

Peace and Blessings
    Saysusie

Thanks

Hi Trish,
    I'm not from Ok, but I lived in Midwest City, Ok for 5 years, before the Air Force sent us to Ohio and then To Texas, where we are living now. I know Ok. very well, since I worked for a midwife there, and we traveled all over the state, delivering babies at home.
    Marla

Thanks

Default magistramarla

That must have been a rewarding, but tiring job. That's a good way to get to know a state is to spend time on the road. So where in Texas are you now, if I may ask? My sister and and her family live in Ft. Worth. I lived there as a child...through elementary school. Well, it was a suburb of Ft. Worth.......Watauga and Haltom City.
    Anyway, thanks for replying!
    Trisha :lol:

Thanks

Welcome Trisha,

You've joined a great cyber family. It's not too big and you do receive valuable, informative, and caring responses to your post. Glad you're with us and we'll chat with you soon.

Thanks

Hi AuntieTrish5!

Welcome to the Forum! I'm really glad that you found us!

Please just know that anytime you need advice, support, information or just to vent or chat, we're all here for you!

I hope that this Forum is what you're looking for!

Keep well!

Thanks

Default Texas

Hi Trish,
    I'm living in San Antonio. My daughter went to college near Dallas/Ft. Worth at UNT. Her boyfriend hails from Ft. Worth, but they live here in SA now. I'll be up in that area near the end of the month for a teacher's institute in Sherman. Since we are a military family, we tend to fearlessly do a lot of traveling. It just gets into the blood. It sounds as though we have a lot in common. If I can help you at all, please be sure to call on me!
    BTW, where are you in OK? I've heard that some good experts on Lupus are in OK, and I'm betting that they are centered around OU in Norman. My Rheumy here in SA comes from there.
    Marla

Thanks

Default Reply to Marla

Marla,
    I live in a very small town called Gage. It is near the Texas and Oklahoma Panhandles, near a larger town named Woodward.......ever heard of it? I lived in the Oklahoma City area for over 10 years until about a year ago. I got my bachelors and Masters degrees at UCO, the latter in 2001, in Edmond and had lived in an apartment on the North side of Oklahoma City. I had to quit work because of my health and right now I'm actually living in my parent's home while we work out a place for me to live that will keep me close, yet give me my independence back.
    So, there you have it! thank you for replying. I hope to "chat" with you again sometime.
    Trisha