Hi. I am new to this site. I do not have lupus, but my best friend does. She was diagnosed with it last year, shortly after her aunt died from lupus related complications. I am looking for guidance in how I can support her. During the last year, she ended her 9 year marriage (which was a good thing) and as a result had to buy a new house, and was diagnosed with Lupus SLE after about 3 years of trying to figure out what was wrong with her.
She is having a hard time accepting the changes she needs to make in her life and dealing with her diagnosis and depression. After a lot of effort, I finally managed to find a support group in my area, but she refuses to go. Can anyone please help me? While she won't go to any support groups, she reads all the information I pass her way. I am looking for books, magazines, etc. that will be helpful for her. She does not have a computer, so online information that I can print is good, but she can't access anything herself.
I am also new to online posting, chat groups, and lupus so please phrase things in basic english to explain shortened codes and stuff.
Thank you in advance for any advice or references sent my way.