Thread: FRUSTRATED W/LUPUS

Thanks

Default FRUSTRATED W/LUPUS

Hi,
    I am a 28 year old female with sle anf fibromyalgia.My mother also suffers terribly from sle.This is slowing me down.It is sooo frustrating to be so tired all the time and achy.I take plaquenil.Was wondering if anyone out there actually goes into "remission"?

Thank you for your time

Thanks

Erin....hey sorry to hear this has you all pissed off BUT the truth be told STRESS is the worst thing for LUPUS....the answer to your quetion does it ever go into remission I would say yes because there have been times when I felt alot better than ususal....but once you have Lupus you are also subject to alot of other auto immune problems which may contribute to your problems...for now try to pace yourself...don;t do anything BAD for your system and try to keep calm and enjoy the good days. Have you had your thyroid checked??? Your constant tiredness may also be caused by one form or another of THYROIDITIS..either HYPO or HYPER...have your doc do the nesseccarry tests...till then be cool and enjoy yourself...last thing you wanna do is wind yourself up and bring uneeeded stress on.

I hope you feel better today

stjames

Saysusie is offline Super Moderator Super ModeratorEmperor of the Universe
    Blog Entries
    Thanks

Hello Erin;
    St. James is absolutely right, do not let the stress and the worry make your symptoms worse than they are. Those two culprits are some of Lupus' biggest enemies.
    Yes, there is such a thing as remission, it just takes a very long time to get there for most of us and generally remission for us means (like St. James said) some days where we don't feel as bad as others.
    Please try not to dwell on the aches and pains and try to find some happy moments and/or events that you can dwell upon. I wish you peace and comfort!
    Saysusie

Thanks

Hi Erin. I certainly understand your upset. I was diagnosed with SLE about 2 1/2 yrs. ago. Wow--how life changes. My most difficult time is stress, too. It's actually terrible. Whether I do too much physically--if you read my other posts, I'm still learning to say "no" and to ask for help--or emotional stress, I can really feel it. Do you have a support system that can help you out: family, friends, kids? I'm lucky--my husband is finally coming around and so are the kids. They're not used to seeing Mom having a hard time. Trust me: you'll be glad you said "no" and asked for help! Hang in there--keep an open communication relationship with your DR. and take it one day at a time. I also take Plaquenil and it has helped me tremendously--so far. It's keeping my antibodies consistently in the 650 range, which is a heck of alot better than my all-time high of 2640. Enjoy the Holidays and "Just say No".

Denise

[This message has been edited by tahohvn (edited 12-02-2002).]