Thread: Cape Cod Vacation!

Thanks

Default Cape Cod Vacation!

Leaving on vacation tomorrow morning - a week in Cape Cod! I've never been, and I'm pretty excited. Had a doctor's appointment last week and she 'blessed' my travel and gave me some preventative antibiotics to take along (I've had a nagging cold and cough.) Two months of good blood tests!!!! Yee-haw!! I don't have to see her now until August - that's the longest time in between doctors appointments in over a year. Pretty sweet! Wish me luck on vaca! I'll give you all a report when I get back.

Jody
    "If you trust Google more than you trust your doctor than maybe it's time to switch doctors."

Thanks

Hey Jody,
    You're not the only one looking forward to vacation. We leave for Nashville on the 27th. We're going to a national conference of Latin teachers at Vanderbilt University. Vanderbilt has a life-sized replica of the Parthenon, which is enough to get Latin teachers excited right there. We will get to "Party at the Parthenon" - a wine and cheese reception inside the structure wearing our togas and stollas! Boy, am I psyched! My husband is a very understanding electical engineer who happens to know some Latin and Greek, so he will have a great time, too.
    One of the best perks of this vacation is getting away from home. My daughter is running a day-care in my house this summer. She has her own 2 year-old, her sister's 8 yr-old, and a friend's 5 yr-old and 6 month-old. I get snagged on a daily basis to rock, feed or change diapers. It will be good to get away!
    At the end of July, I'll be going away all by myself to "Latin teachers' camp" - a whole week on a college campus with nothing to do but Latin! Bliss!
    Marla

Thanks

kudos to both of you ladeis. Enjoy and be safe.

Thanks

I'm back and had a great time. See my post in reply to Browneyedgirl's "How was Cape Cod?" post for an update.

Hope you had a great 'toga' party, Marla - sounds like a riot! Who knew Latin teachers had a 'wild side'!

Jody
    "If you trust Google more than you trust your doctor than maybe it's time to switch doctors."