Thread: QUESTION-LYRICA & NAPROXEN-NEWBIE

Thanks

Default QUESTION-LYRICA & NAPROXEN-NEWBIE

I DON'T HAVE SEZUIRES, BUT MY DOC PRESRIBED LYRICA
    FOR NEOPATHIC PAIN, IS THAT A VALID REASON TO TAKE IT?

I'VE HEARD ABOUT LUPUS PATIENTS HAVING SERIOUS REACTONS
    TO NSAIDS- IS THERE ANY INFO ABOUT NAPROXEN ON THIS SUBJECT?

MY MOM MET A WOMAN IN THE HOSPITAL THAT A VERYY SERIOUS
    REACTION TO ADVIL, SO THE NAPROXEN WORRIES, BUT I TAKE IT CAUSE IT HELPS. :shock:

Saysusie is offline Super Moderator Super ModeratorEmperor of the Universe
    Blog Entries
    Thanks

Doctors have found the Lyrica has been effective in reducing pain in patients with Fibromyalgia. Lyrica reduces the pain, insomnia, and general dysfunction suffered by fibromyalgia patients. The symptoms of Fibromyalgia that Lyrica works on is very similar to the inflammation and pain suffered by patients with Lupus. Lyrica has also been approved by the FDA for the treatment of nerve pain like that caused by shingles and by diabetes. The drug also reduces some forms of epileptic seizures.
    Side effects of Lyrica include drowsiness and dizziness, although most patients get over these side effects in the first weeks of treatment. A more insidious side effect is weight gain.

With reference to NSAIDs - These are Non-Steroidal Anti-Inflammatory Drugs of which there are many. NSAIDs are used primarily to treat inflammation, mild to moderate pain, and fever. NSAIDs vary in their potency, duration of action, and the way in which they are eliminated from the body. Another important difference is their ability to cause ulcers and promote bleeding.
    The complete list of approved NSAIDs is very long. The following list contains only NSAIDs that are commonly used:
    Aspirin
    Salsalate (Amigesic)
    Diflunisal (Dolobid)
    Ibuprofen (Motrin)
    Ketoprofen (Orudis)
    Nabumetone (Relafen)
    Piroxicam (Feldene)
    Naproxen (Aleve, Naprosyn)
    Diclofenac (Voltaren)
    Indomethacin (Indocin)
    Sulindac (Clinoril)
    Tolmetin (Tolectin)
    Etodolac (Lodine)
    Ketorolac (Toradol)
    Oxaprozin (Daypro)
    Celecoxib (Celebrex)
    because of the many differences, side effects etc. of NSAIDs, a patient can develop a serious reaction to one, but tolerate another very well. You should not be afraid of all NSAIDs, you and your doctor must find the one that your body tolerates. If you are tolerating Napoxen, there is no need to let someone else's reaction to it deter you from using it, especially if it is working for you. If you do develop a reaction, your doctor can try you on a different NSAID.

Best Of Luck
    Saysusie

Thanks

Default lyrica

I just wanted to say that lyrica is a great drug for nerve pain .
    I had to go off of it because it did make me gain 35lbs. I have always been a very slender build and the extra weight has caused even more problems. I don't think that everyone has the same effects so I would give it a try for awhile and see what happens. Good luck.