Thread: hi

Hybrid View

Thanks

Default hi

last october i went to the dr. for numbness and pain in my jaw and i was referred to a neuro. i had an MRI done and they found lesions on my brain and thought i was MS after 6 months and a new MRI nothing changed so MS was ruled out and i was diagnosed w/ migraines. when i had both MRIs dones i had blood taken and my ANA was high on both of them and after my second blood tests i was referred to a rheumotologist. At that time i had paint in my joints and a rash, my vision have been going bad and i still had that numbness. He took more blood work it came back as mixed tissue disease but he ruled 3 out b/c they came back negative but lupus came back positive in my blood work. so he ordered more blood work june 6th. i haven't gotten the results from that yet. he prescribed hydroxychloroquine (Plaquenil) and i just started that on Friday. I was scared when i first heard lupus but when h e said that my blood was okay and my kidneys were okay i felt somewhat better. i go back in 4 months to see how the medication is working.
    that is my story.

Thanks

welcome to the forum and good luck with the plaquenil, ive heard good things about it, im certainly sorry to hear about you're having lupus, it can be a bear at times, there are people in here very knowlegable, remember to keep your head up

Terry
    Fair Oaks California

Thanks

welcome, Legacyfive,
    Plaquenil has changed my life tremendously. I have been taking it for years, and once--only once--I thought "this stuff isn't working" (I had gotten so used to feeling better, I forgot how I felt "before the Plaquenil)... well, after about a week of being "off" of it, I was in so much pain and in such a HUGE flare up, I realized how much I needed it. I haven't forgotten a dose since
    I hope it has the same effects for you.
    This board is a great place for info and support. I hope you let us know how that blood work comes back
    Have a great day,
    Kristin

Thanks

Hi Legacyfive2002!

Welcome to the Forum! I'm glad that you found us!

Please just know that anytime you need advice, support, information or just to vent or chat, we're all here for you!

Keep well!