Thread: symptoms have me stumped

Thanks

Default symptoms have me stumped

I've had symptoms for about two years or so. I went to six different dr.'s before I was told by my reumy that my ana had went up from 1:60 to 1:320 and that the symptoms I had were lupus. I thought I was going crazy but still wander, is it really lupus. Do any of you out there have blistery rash that looks like the beginnings of shingles and feels like it too. It makes the whole area from my hip to my foot hurt. It stays about a week then goes away. It always seems that I have what my dr. calls a mini flare every time I get the rash and my monthly all at the same time. Just Lovely. The dermatologist thought it was related to the herpes zoster family but the test came back neg. I't just adds to the fatique, hip pain, and muscle spasms. I also have low potassium that I can't seem to get up even eating bannana and drinking orange juice daily. Sorry to go on and on. Thanks for being here.

Thanks

Default In my opinion...

...everything you described sounds just like lupus. The rash part could just be a bad lupus rash, I get something similar on my knees during an attack although not as bad; or it could be skin lupus. Being tired all the time has Lupus written all over it. I can drink an entire pot of coffee and go to bed. So I know how frustrating that is. Honestly I haven't found anything that will help that even suppliments. All you can do is rest when your body needs rest. Go and look at www.lupus.org and it will tell you all about skin lupus and what not. I hope that you find the answers you are looking for

Thanks

Default message for stormyeyes

Have you had a bloodtest,they need to look for anti nuiclear antibodie.
    to confirm lupus.thats what happened to me.it tested positive.

Also,i have anemia which dropping low.

Thanks

Hi Stormyeyes!

Welcome to the Forum! I'm glad that you found us!

Please just know that anytime you need advice, support, information or just to vent or chat, we're all here for you!

I suffer from Hypokalaemia (low Potassium level) too, as well as Familial Periodic Hypokalaemic Paralysis.

Keep well!

Thanks

my flares go along with my cycle too. Mine are in my luteal phase and they go away with my period. I have heard others happen when they have there monthly though. I did a post on it here in the newly diagnosed forum . Saysusie found some great information !!