Thread: lupus, firbromyalgia, ra, menopausal, or lost It?

Thanks

Default lupus, firbromyalgia, ra, menopausal, or lost It?

I was constantly sick as far back as I can remember, strep, tonsilitis, ear infections, ect at one point, drs told parents that white cells were in danger and thought I had luekimia. which, it wasn't. I had severe leg pain. fast forward to age 40 and a new rhuem. wont tell me for sure what is wrong, other than its complex and he don't know for sure yet.
    The blood test for lupus came bck normal, BUT some of the tests that have been run, and the problems that I have had, all are pointing to lupus. everything else is coming bck neg. I have been fighting severe fatigue, extreme to moderate pain in feet, hands, fingers, toes, ankels, ect. New dr. did a mri on one wrist, it showed a small hole, in the bone, and then ALOT of inflamation, and a webish look arount the bones. I have constant pain in this wrist, the thumb, elbow and shoulder. I have alot of the symptoms of lupus and have been told there is inflamation in my lungs, chest pain that I swear feels like a heart attact only to be told that my heart seems fine, you can go home now. my new doc gave me the results of my labs, and I have done a lot of research on my own, and every thing keeps popping up lupus. the only thing that I am not sure of is the rash. I live for the beach, out side ect, and there are times that I look like I had too much sun, or that there is a light "pink" area that crosses my nose, cheeks and occa. my chin. I never used to clamp my teeth or grind them either, but since sept. I have been. what do you think"? Do you have to have the rash? I never had acne as a teen, and now I am fighting it, nothing severe, but, for me its awful. i KEEP A FOGGY HEAD. ANY FEED BACK WILL BE WELCOMED.

Saysusie is offline Super Moderator Super ModeratorEmperor of the Universe
    Blog Entries
    Thanks

In "Newly Diagnosed", there is a "Sticky" that describes the criteria for a Lupus diagnosis. Of the 11-14 criteria, it has been established that a person should meet at least four of them in order to be diagnosed with Lupus. The Lupus rash is not a requirement, it is one of the 11-14 criteria that a person may or may not have.
    One of the biggest problems with Lupus is that it mimicks so many other connective tissue, autoimmune diseases. Almost all of these diseases requires a lot of testing before a difinitive diagnoses can be made. The diagnostic process is lengthy and arduous and most doctors are reluctant to say that you have any of these diseases until all tests are done and/or more symptoms appear. That is unfortunate and frustrating for most of us, but it is necessary so that we can be properly treated.
    It is good that you are learning about your symptoms and their connection to autoimmune disorders. Do not try to diagnose yourself, work closely with your doctors and request an explanation of your test results. Please keep us posted on what you learn and/or find out. If you have any questions or need any help, we are always here!

Peace and Blessings
    Saysusie

Thanks

I have read the articale that you suggested. I fall into so much of it. Today was very taxing for me. my daughter was home from daycare today, she had a stomach flu and had me up half the night. which normally isn't a problem, but I felt a "crash" coming. and, I did. I just couldn't get it together today. I took the day off to be with her, and glad I did. I didn't feel awake until late today, and even after taking multiple cat naps and resting,. I was supprized that I got done as much as I did. Some days are fantastic, others, like today, really take their toll. When we moved back to texas, my old rhuem. said that for the first 6-8 weeks would be up and down, and to expect a crash, well, I think it finally happened. I have had a lot of pain and heavyness in my chest, like when you have a cold. even after taking meds, I still would have loved to have just been able to sleep all day. I believe I may even get to go to bed early. I have been in a fog for a couple of days, and today was the worst so far. I loved bering on ritalyn, it got rid of the foggy feeling that was agrravating my a.d.d. and it kept me on a schedule of wakefulness, so by the time it wore off for the day, I was ready to sleep all night. I will keep ya'll posted. I go back for another mri on the other wrist, and for more results the end of June. Until then, We're in His care.

Thanks

Hi Isaiah43!

Welcome to the Forum! I'm really glad that you found us!

Please just know that anytime you need advice, support, information or just to vent or chat, we're all here for you!

Let us know how everything goes!

Feel better soon and God bless!

Saysusie is offline Super Moderator Super ModeratorEmperor of the Universe
    Blog Entries
    Thanks

I truly understand the feeling of "crashing". Also, the feeling of being sort of ok one day and totally debilitated the next. Most of us with Lupus/Fibromyalgia and other autoimmunde disorders go through the same things. Relapse/Remission......that is pretty much how we live our lives.

I do hope that you are able to get a final diagnoses and that you start to feel better soon. Remember, we are always here to help you as much as we can and we want you to know that you are not alone.

Peace and Blessings
    Saysusie