I've been dealing with my problems since September of last year. I've seen three rheumatologists, three dermatologists and an orthopedist... not to mention all the radiologists and phlebotomists and my pcp. Noone can figure out what's wrong with me. I've been officially diagnosed with "undifferentiated connective tissue disease." Meaning that I exhibit various symptoms of several connective tissue diseases, but no hallmark symptoms of any specific one. Rheumatoid arthritis has been on the table along with lupus. I have searched and searched and searched and SEARCHED my symptoms all over the web. So here's where you come in... I'd like to know if anyone has the same symptoms (or even just a few of the symptoms). The one that bothers me the most is that I can no longer make a fist with my right hand. (And my left is slowly following suit.) My fingers curl in only so far before I cannot push them any further. I really have no grip strength because, well, I have no fist to make a grip. The areas around my nailbeds and my cuticles are sooo tender to the touch. When I hurt myself on one of my hands, the sore never completely goes away. It just turns into a little scar. The bones in my fingers and toes feel... fragile (for lack of a better word) and hurt terribly if they're bent the wrong way or hit up against something. My ANA was "wickedly high" as described by the second rheumie I saw. I don't have the malar rash. I was on methotrexate for a little over six months and it did nothing for me. I was at the highest dose for the last month. I've been on plaquenil for about six weeks. My doc took me off the mtxte and is having me take prednisone ( 5 mgs. twice daily now). I've been doing this for almost a week. Does ANYONE have similar symptoms??? Could there be any hope for me that I might get full range of mobility back in my hands? Thanks for any info, advice, insight, etc.