Thread: Lungs in pain

Thanks

Default Lungs in pain

Hello to all, again I am in a considerable amount of pain, this time in my chest/lungs. I have been a bit breathless latley, but a few days ago began experiencing a severe stabbing pain when breathing, on my left side at the lowest point of lungs. Now along with this stabbing pain, my lungs at the front and back are hurting. Had X-Ray today will not get results for few days, only high painkillers to help until then. However I am concerned about what this is?
    Any ideas, experiences or advice would be great.

Saysusie is offline Super Moderator Super ModeratorEmperor of the Universe
    Blog Entries
    Thanks

Hi Nat;
    What you are experiencing could be pleurisy/pleuritis or pulmonary hypertension. See "lupus symptoms" on this forum where I give an explanation of both symptoms.
    Let me know if you have further questions, I will be happy to research for you!

Saysusie

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Saysusie
    Hi Nat;
    What you are experiencing could be pleurisy/pleuritis or pulmonary hypertension. See "lupus symptoms" on this forum where I give an explanation of both symptoms.
    Let me know if you have further questions, I will be happy to research for you!

Saysusie

Thanks

I have been experiencing CP last couple of days and it has gotten me worried....its mostly on my L side and gets worse with inhaling---its not SO bad as to me running to the ED but still--and I hate seeing the rheum (even though I guess thats what I should do).

Its weird---I remember that I had horrible bouts of CP (1-2 times yearly)as a kid- from like the ages of 6-12...my parents got worried a couple of times and actually thought of taking me to ED, we never went and Im not sure they would of found anything but makes me think--did I have this dis-ease since chilshood?

Saysusie is offline Super Moderator Super ModeratorEmperor of the Universe
    Blog Entries
    Thanks

Hi Heavenorvegas:
    I think that most of us are where you are.....looking back on our pre-teen years and realizing that many of our aches, pains and symptoms were probably early signs of Lupus. I remember many times, in middle and high school, having pains in my chest, pains in my joints, blue and purple fingers and not relating any of these to a disease (especially not lupus)!
    You are right, I do think that you should see a rheumatologist in order to find out exactly what is causing your chest pains- what you can do to treat it and/or to reduce your pain.
    Let us know what you find out....did you read the threads regarding pleurisy and pulmonary hypertension? do you symptoms sound anything like those conditions?

Best of Luck
    Saysusie