Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Itchy

Thanks

Default Itchy

Hey All,

Im new here and have recently been diagnosed with Undifferenciated Connective Tissue Disorder.

In the last couple of days my skin has been really itchy, its starts off a little bit red and then the itch comes and then about 30mins later it moves on to a new spot on my body, its mostly my arms, legs neck and face.

Does anyone know what might be causing this? :?

Thanks

Are you on any new medications? My first thought (and I am not a professional) is that it could be a reaction to something - new laundry detergent, new medication, new softener....anything like that?

It could also be stress - stress can do some pretty weird things to a person!

Thanks

Default Itchy too!

Hi tash-lee,
    I'm new here too! I am also dianosed with undifferentiated connective tissue disorder. And, yes!, I get very itchy! It usually starts at night. It can attack my arms, legs, scalp. If I scratch it leaves huge bruises! I started carrying anti-itch ointment in my purse so that I don't scratch. That might help :? .
    Take care!

Thanks

I get itchy too....I have no idea what causes it. I have changed my detergents, makeup, lotions etc. I guess maybe its just stress, I do notice that I am much itchier (yes I make up my own words), after going out in the sun. Anyway I carry ant-itch lotion with me and I do much better with that. Good Luck!

Thanks

Hi!

I get itchy all the time too and, like Agschafer, mine usually starts/gets worse at night! :x I am EXTREMELY allergic though, so everything that I use is already Hypoallergenic. It doesn't seem to be due to any of my medications either. Also, I am on Zyrtec (for Allergic Rhinitis), which prevents my body from releasing histamine. I have no idea what causes this either! :?

Keep well!

Thanks

Default night itchies

Oh yes, I get this too--every night my legs and sometimes arms itch like CRAZY. I will scratch the skin right off (in my sleep) and the lesions end up leaving scars.

I wish I could get to the bottom of this--it's horrible, and my legs have become very scarred.

--Kristin

Thanks

Hi Everyone,

Sorry i havent been on to reply, ive been on holidays and when i got back i felt really unwell, but things are looking better now.

Since i posted last i have been to my GP and he advised me that plaquenil may be the cause of it.

Mine has now gotten to the point where my thighs are red raw from scratching at night.

Im sick of doctors and tablets :roll: i just wish it would all go away, for each tablet that i take to fix the pain i end up taking 2 more to fix the side effect from them.

Thanks

hi tash lee,
    i keep a book now that i write everything i do everyday and i am slow learning more about when reactions occur, i have found that a couple of days or so before a rash appears on my face it gets really itchy as well as my hands and i am talking really itchy to the point i feel as i could tear the skin off to make it feel better.

since keeping this book i have had progress and i am due for another appointment with doctors next week so i will take it along and they might see more then common stuff then i do

hope this helps

shane

Thanks

I itched like crazy almost 24-7 and much worse at night. I'd wake up scratching myself. I found out that I was very vitamin D deficent which caused me to have hyperparathyroidism. My vitamin D level has gone up and my parathyroid levels are normal - no more extreme itching. I only itch every now and then. I felt like the itching was going to drive me insane, so I understand your frustration.

Thanks

Many of us itch because of our diagnose or the medications, so it could be an itch or miss to find the cause. I get it from both.

Also, for me, I found that I am allergic to dimethicone and forms of it. It makes me itch with red dry rash and sometimes just the itch with dryness. It is found in most haircare, cosmetics, facial and skin moisture products. Hundreds of dollars later, easily a thousand dollars my husband says... but I have found a few products that do not contain them.

I've tried the high end department stores and the low end drug store products.

Hairspray..I have yet to find one without. Makes my scalp itch.

Also anything with aluminum in it or form of. Mainly anti-perspirants but it can be found in many body, face and hair care products. I use anti-Deodorants. Usually found on the bottom shelf.

For the basics these are the products I use..

Johnson and Johnson PURPOSE cleansing wash. I use it for my face.
    Olay Definity redefining scrub (gentle). Face and where dry skin is.
    Nexxus and Matrix Biolage Shampoos and Conditioners.
    Cetaphil Gentle Skin Cleanser (Body and Face)
    Dial Bar (private areas)
    Moisturizer L'oreal Active Daily. Sometimes, I just use regular Extra Light Virgin Olive oil.

Also when it was bad, while trying to find what made me itch and didn't after I showered I would then do a final rinse with an Oatmeal rinse. I mixed 2 cups of oatmeal with water in a two quart pitcher. Let it get all milky. Strain into another container..reuse oatmeal for next shower. After I was all clean I would do a final rinse with this, do not rinse off and towel dry.

If you need any recommendations on cosmetics or on how to cover or atleast make less noticable... the facial rash, ask. I have a few tricks.

Head down to your local World Market, Import Shop and buy a back scratcher. The one that has a long bamboo handle with five sharpened claws on the end...heaven. My best $1.00 investment.

Keep well.
    Oluwa