Thread: New various symptoms..

Thanks

Default New various symptoms..

I noticed i've been getting more symptoms with my Lupus, and this was a little before I started medication, so I know it's not from that.

My sinus's have been getting really dry lately, and bleeding a little bit. I know it's summer, but it just doesn't seem normal for me. They are also itchy a lot, and I think there might be a sore. It's painful though, and I thought the sores you get from Lupus weren't suppose to hurt?

I've been getting diarrhea, and sometimes I feel constipated.

My throat is ALWAYS sore, i'm not sure if it's my lymph node or my tonsils, but either or it makes my throat sore.

My ears hurt a lot too, i've had trouble hearing a bit etc, i'm wondering if I might have a possible autoimmune inner ear disorder.

I'm just worried, I get scared when I get new symptoms.

Saysusie is offline Super Moderator Super ModeratorEmperor of the Universe
    Blog Entries
    Thanks

My sinuses, like your, have been very dry my entire time with Lupus. They are so dry that they actually bleed. The dryness contributes to my headaches which eventually turn into Lupus Migraines (uggh!). Also, I can get a sinus infection in a matter of minutes! It's maddening!
    Your constipation/diahrrea may be a symptom of IBS - another common symptom that those of us with Lupus/Fibromyalgia suffer with.
    Having a fever is quite common, an unexplained fever, especially a chronic fever higher than 100 F is one of the signs of lupus. Having a sore throat is not uncommon either.
    Having all of these occur at the same time may be an indication that you are in a Lupus Flare. A flare is when your symptoms worsen and/or new symptoms develop. You should discuss this with your doctor, you may need to adjust some of your medications or be prescribed some new ones.

I wish you the best!
    Peace and Blessings
    Saysusie

Thanks

Hi Sary,

Those nose ulcers do hurt. From my understanding with Lupus they can occur in the mouth or nose.

I had one for 3 months inside the nose. It finally went away. Now it just feels dry in there. Every once in while I use a natural saline spritz or a fine smudge of vaseline. At night I dap a bit of Vicks Vapor Rub at the nose holes.

I think the pain comes from the edges of the ulcer, keeps cracking or stretching when we try to itch it by distorting our mouth to twist and itch our nose. Like Bewitched, Samantha. I guess it depends on where it is located in the nasal area, too.

Sore throat, me too. Uncertain if some of it is a residue from my cervical spine fusion. Mine is sore right at the indentation between the collar bone. Hard to swallow. Dry like choking down an over cooked chicken breast and times like a film of mucous. That feels like I am trying to swallow raw bread dough. Weird.

I also have Sjogren's Syndrome. Dry eyes, dry mouth...drying up from the inside out, which also affects the swallowing. So, perhaps maybe that is what you have.

My bouts of diarrhea I contribute it too Planquenil and the bouts of constipation to Ultracet.

I guess it could be many different reasons or just one...hummm...ugh.

I find Ricola sugar free lemon cough drops is good for it. Or drink slowly through a straw, strawberry shake. Hits it just right and cools it as it is going down.

I do hope your symptoms improve Sary. Gets frustrating from so many changes to our bodies.

Keep well,
    Oluwa

Thanks

I can't tell right now if i'm having a Lupus flare or if i'm just comming down with something. The fact though that my hives are really bad today despite being on anti-histamines (and no those arn't what are causing my sinus problems, i've had them before I started) makes me think otherwise.

My hives are because of my Lupus, so when they flare up really bad I get worried. I did eat a whole pineapple yesterday though, and I read somewhere that citrus fruits can sometimes aggrivate hives, so I don't know.

Thanks

Sorry about all my postings, but bare with me here haha.

Lately in the mornings when I just wake up I get this "drunk" feeling. I feel lightheaded, like I can't get my footing. I know that some people get that morning grog that they can't shake off till midafternoon, but it just seems much more than that.

I'm a very grogy person in the morning, but this just seems so much more different. I have a Luppy friend at work, and she feels the same as I do. I have the suspicion though that she might have an underactive thyroid seen as she's never been tested with for it and the way she got diagonosed with Lupus seemed improper (a nurse diagonosed her with it because she suffered from lots of miscarriages yet didn't do any kind of blood tests or ask any of her medicaly history.)

Anyhoo, yes I was just wondering if this is normal, or if it isn't or if I should be worried at all. Thanks for the support guys!

Saysusie is offline Super Moderator Super ModeratorEmperor of the Universe
    Blog Entries
    Thanks

Hi Sary;
    Thyroid dysfunction is common in Systemic Lupus Erythematosus and Rheumatoid Arthritis. Because lupus patients are at a greater risk of developing thyroid conditions, it is recommended that their thyroid is periodically evaluated. People with lupus are more likely to get other problems where the immune system attacks the body. Anyone with one condition where the immune defence mechanism attacks the body (so-called autoimmunity) is prone to another one. One of the conditions that can occur along with lupus is thyroid problems. Commonly, the body attacks the thyroid gland that controls the body's metabolism. The thyroid gland can either become underactive or overactive. If the gland is overactive, it can cause sweating, anxiety, shaking, heart pounding and weight loss, if underactive the skin becomes dry, weight gain is a problem and you can slow down mentally and physically. Sometimes the thyroid gland (which is found at the front of the neck) can become swollen. A thyroid problem is easily detected with a simple blood test and it is also quite easily treated.
    Your morining grogginess may also be a symptom of Lupus fatigue. Fatigue is one of the commonest and often the most disabling symptom experienced by individuals with systemic lupus (SLE) and it affects up to 80% of patients. Despite all of the information we know about Lupus, the cause of the fatigue is still unknown. Even with proper treatment, normal antibodies, and remission, fatigue can still persist. It can feel similar to a chronic case of flu. Some scientists believe that fatigue is the body's response to cytokines that are produced in many cells of the body. It is not known why the body responds this way, or what the cytokines do to cause the body to respond by being fatigued. Researchers continue to investigate these questions.

Do you suffer from insomnia? If you are unable to get recuperative rest at night, that could also contribute to your morning grogginess. Are you under a lot of stress? This, toom can affect your sleep patterns causing grogginess in the morning.

As you can see, grogginess in the morning is not uncommon, particularly in people who are prone to auto-immune illnesses like arthritis, lupus, MS, etc. for several reasons that should be discussed with your doctor in order to find the underlying cause and begin effective treatment.

Peace and Blessings
    Saysusie