Thread: Sore muscles

Thanks

Default Sore muscles

:cry: I was wondering if anyone here suffers with problems with their muscles. I have had this problem in my upper arms for about 3 months now. The Rheumitologist says it has nothing to do with Lupus. But it is getting worse. Finally two weeks ago he upped my plaquinel to 2 every other day. That made it only worse OR it just keeps getting worse because I am not sure anymore. The other day I tripped on something and flailed my arms to keep from falling...I couldn't move after that because the pain in my arms was excruciating!! It seems to only happen with certain movement of the arms. Mostly backward not forward. I have been doing some lite excersize with 1 lb. weights daily because the rheumy told me to because it had to do with muscle strain. I hadn't done any specific thing to cause this strain and I still haven't because it hurts to try and lift anything now. Can anyone tell me if they have a similar problem.?

Saysusie is offline Super Moderator Super ModeratorEmperor of the Universe
    Blog Entries
    Thanks

Have your doctors ever discussed fibromyalgia with you. Many of us with Lupus also have fibromyalgia (including myself) and some of the symptoms are sore muscles. My Fibromyalgia pain is primarily in my upper arms, in the muscles. They hurt and burn to the point of tears sometimes.
    Lupus, itself, can also cause sore muscles in the arms, legs, and torso. It is probably best that you discuss this with your doctor to find out exactly what is going on.

Best Of Luck
    Saysusie

Thanks

I originally asked my doctor if I had Fibromyalgia because I had many of the "tender points" aside from many symptoms but was told I didn't have it. After being diagnosed with Connective tissue desease and then Lupus after having to have emergency surgery for an extreme pericardial effussion turmed Tamponade, I was diagnosed with Lupus. All I know is at this point, the pain in my upper arms, if I move suddenly, hurts more and more each day. And I just feel like a big "cry baby"!

Thanks

Mine was in the lower arms mainly but covering my elbows and a bit above them. It almost felt like it was in the bones though it was so "deep" and "core".

It really got worse when I started on the prednisone. It is too early for side effects. Maybe it was just that it didn't work on that section so that the symptom became more prominant. Oh and it didn't respond at all to ibuprofin!!

Thanks

I hurt all over. My muscles and my joints ache. I feel like I have the flu. I hurt mostly in my lower back, hips and shoulders, but some days the pain moves into my arms. My doc says it is due to Lupus affecting my connective tissue and muscles. Is connective tissue and muscle the same thing? I guess I should ask or look that one up!