Thread: Is it normal to feel fine between flares?

Thanks

Default Is it normal to feel fine between flares?

Basically is it normal to feel fine between flares? I'm questioning the diagnosis as I thought I would keep feeling rotten and I'm not. If it comes back- will it be like at its worst? I had all the positive blood tests and all the "right" history signs- but I feel fine now.. I know that this is a good thing but I feel I need to know what to expect.
    Ta (and sorry about the tonnes of questions ops: )

Thanks

Yes - you can feel just fine and normal. My rheumy said that is one of the positives with lupus - when its gone, its gone and usually without permanant damage done. For me that has only happened for a couple of days at a time but there is no reason why your remission couldn't be longer.....I love to hear this b/c it gives hope. Good news....
    K

Saysusie is offline Super Moderator Super ModeratorEmperor of the Universe
    Blog Entries
    Thanks

Just as each person's Lupus affects them differently, so is each person's form of remission. For you, apparently, you are basically asymptomatic when not in a flare. There is no way of telling what your flare (if you have one) will be like, or if your Lupus will escalate or if new symptoms will develop. No one can predict those things because Lupus is so unpredictable.
    My best advice, while you are in this current remission, is to continue to do all of those things that are suggested to avoid a flare (such as: avoiding sunlight, avoiding over-exertion; continue to get recuperative rest, continue to eat healthy, etc.)
    Congratulations on your current state of remission and I hope that it lasts for a very long time!

Peace and Blessings
    Saysusie

Thanks

I used to feel fine between flares, but now even if I'm not in a flare, I'm tired and sore. On a rare day, I feel "better" but never up to where I was.

--Kristin

Thanks

hi

i havent had a major flare in two weeks. this is the first time since april. i still have pain in my lower back and feet. my fatigue is better.

i had some terrible news about a month ago that put me under alot of stress. i had a flare so bad that i could hardley move. it lasted two weeks.since then i have been fine. i also have plurisey all the time. its so nice not to feel the intence fatigue. i think the praqinel is working.

ethanandrew

Thanks

For the last 2 days I have had almost no pain and less fatigue. nfire: :multi: nfire: :multi: nfire: :multi:

I may have overdone it today, though, but it has been so long since I have felt almost human that I was beginning to believe that my ever feeling better was a figment of my imagination. That this was the way it had always been. I also found that I wanted to do all of the things that I have not been able to do for a while, which, of course, lead to overdoing it.

Wouldn't it be nice if this was for a long time? What a dream.

I would like to enjoy it more, but I find myself waiting for the other shoe to drop, as it were. :?

Well, enjoy it Ethanandrew. And accept my sincere congrats. I have heard of some people who have been in remission for years. Maybe that will be you.

IN Him,

Karen

Thanks

Wow - reduction in symptoms....sweet!! I hope that means remission for you. When I've had some good periods, I asked my doc about remission. She said she wouldn't call it remission unless I went a year without symptoms, WITHOUT medications. Sooooooo, that's not lookin' like it's happening anytime real soon. But, I can wait, and I can hope! And, I can hope for all of us to get there eventually. :B-fly:
    "If you trust Google more than you trust your doctor than maybe it's time to switch doctors."