Page 73 of 123 FirstFirst ... 2363717273747583 ... LastLast

Thread: I go something like this.....

Thanks

Hi Oluwa. Sorry about birdies. It sounds like you slept whatever it was out of you. Sometimes you can work it out, others sleep it out.

Today so-so. Mood better. One of the guys(20 next month, they grow so fast!) I used to baby-sit said he do it for me. He has from time to time. Sweet kid, said I can pay when I can and to give dates and he'll take the day off from work. He only lives 3 blocks away too. Wow, how did I get lucky. Body sore and tooth bad. Don't know what is causing the pain this time. Hubby working over-time, so I'm going to curl up and read that book I'm trying to squeeze in when I can.

Hey Jody, any word yet on blood work?
    Cheryl

Thanks

Hi Cheryl...

I am glad that worry is off your back of finding someone to care for your children, and not having to rely on Mum.

I am sorry things are like that for you...if I was nearer I would be there. Sometimes we just need a break, even from our children. Not that I have any experience, I know from when my sister's twins were babies...even now when they are in their teens. When I vacationed in the UP I would take them to the hotel or cottage I rented for the night or weekend...

Maybe the stress of it all is aggravating the pain, mental woes magnifies the pain. Maybe the rest and the read will tame the beast a bit I hope...

Keep tight, find a comfy spot and enjoy the rest of the day..
    Hugs,
    Love,
    Oluwa

Thanks

Thanks, stressed over money, pain and a good sitter can wear you down. I love all these kids, but nerve racking they can be. Plus feet STILL hurt. Hard to keep up with them lately. Didn't even do tredmil yesterday or today. You sound like a good auntie. Kids need time away from parents (non-school related) as well as parents from the kids. I know you'd help if you could, you have one of the biggest hearts I know. Wish I could help you too at times. May your evening go well too .
    Cheryl

Thanks

Hi ladies,
    I hope Im not butting in on a conversation, but I wanted to maybe suggest something, Cheryl. First off, hats off to you for taking care of such young kids while you are sick. I bet youre a great mom. You know, have you tried calling down to the local middle or high school and posting an ad on the bulliten board? Or at the local YMCA or something. I bet there are alot of girls who would love to come and watch your kids. You could have her come over a couple of times while you are there, and see if she is a good fit. Then you could try leaving her alone for an hour or so to start, and gradually move upward. My friends and I have done that many times, and oftentimes, they start at like 13, and remain your sitter all through school. Obviously, you could talk to her parents first, etc. I know our local YMCA has babysitting courses for young girls, and they take it very seriously.
    Im sorry that you cant really depend on your Mom, thats a bummer, but more common than you think. I have alot of friends who dont even bother asking their moms. They get the "Ive already raised my kids" -type response. I am fortunate - my parents live next door and they adore their grandkids. As a matter of fact, its Friday night, so my son and his Nani and Papa always spend the night together. They do McDonalds or pizza and watch a movie, etc. Like I said, though, I am very lucky. You really should be able to take a break from your kids once in a while. I would hve gone crazy had I not worked nights when they were small. I looked at it as time to myself!!
    Anyway - I have been posting like a maniac today. I started to feel lousy again, so Im just chilling out on the computer. You guys probably think Im obnoxious!! I hope everyone has a wonderful evening - Im so jealous of all of you with the built-in pools!! Although, I live about 100 ft. from the Atlantic Ocean - so I shouldnt really complain, right?
    Love and prayers to all -
    Lauri
    For God has not given us a spirit of fear; but of power, love and a sound mind. 2 Timothy 1:7

Thanks

Hi Lauri, don't mind if you join in. Everyone's welcome to butt in. Sitters are hard to find. All mine grew up. I know the routine on breaking one in, done it a few times. Do it myself for new small kids for my day-care I run at home. The kids and parents have to hang here for at least an hour. It does help. You are lucky. My mom watches other grandkids, not mine. Just not enough drama here I guess like my siblings homes. Trouble also is, putting a flyer up looks funny with my day-care signs. People get confused.

Love to chat, the others here in this post are great. Glad you joined in the conversation .
    Cheryl

Thanks

Oh yeah, I have a regular pool from wal-mart. 4' high and 15' wide, $300. In august they go on sale for $159. They are plenty enough .
    Cheryl

Thanks

Hi, Cheryl....I'm sorry the tooth repair is going to take so much cash and that you have to wait a while to start. And the whole thing with your mom....oh, wow, that would've made me feel so badly. You absolutely, DO need a regular sitter you can rely on. Everyone needs a break.

We had our granddaughter and a friend on a little outing overnight and had a good time. We watch her a lot - but we only have the one granddaughter, so I suppose that's simpler. Still....seems so unfair that your mom 'plays favorites.' But, we all know that life is anything but fair....otherwise, why would be all be sick, right? Hugs to you, Sweetie...

Oluwa, I'm sorry you've had a bad time - the rash, the tiredness, the general 'yuckies'.... and I'm sorry the birdies 'flew the coop.' Many things could've eaten them I guess...I don't know much about 'bird relocation' - but it could happen. How are you feeling today...better I hope.

I DID have some news from my doctor. Blood tests all within normal range. He wanted me to stay off Prilosec for 2 weeks to see if that helped. I made it a bit over a week and had to go back on it. I was in such misery from the pressure and pain - maybe I have GERDIE??? Next he wants me to stop my colchicine, but I just don't want to do that until I talk to my rheumatologist. That's the drug that finally helped with the constant cycle of pericarditis. Maybe it's fine to stop it now, but I'm just a little nervous about it.

My PCP thinks I may have a simple case of IBS. It's so common - although it usually shows up in younger women than me. (But, hey, so does lupus and I wasn't diagnosed with IT until 2 years ago!)

He wants me to check in with him in a month with a progress report. In the meantime, I'm just going to pursue the IBS thing and try to figure out what foods may be triggering it. It's also triggered by stress....gee...THAT'S a surprise!! What isn't!?!? :roll:

So, I'm hangin. in there. Thanks for asking about me!

Hope all are doing well out there!!!!

Jody
    "If you trust Google more than you trust your doctor than maybe it's time to switch doctors."

Thanks

HI Oluwa & Cheryl,

I have been MIA for a while and checking in.

Oluwa: Reglan is very scarry. I was told I can't take Prilosec in the am and then take Reglan at night if it is really bad (Gerd). I asked for the 2nd dosage of Prilosec in the evening and it seems to help. I save the Reglan for emergencies only; I have IT.

Cheryl
    Thank you for your kind thoughts and sympathy. I couldn't imagine being pregnant and feeling that icky and sick! I feel for you!!! I hope your feet are doing much better.

Take care,

Faith 8)

Thanks

Cheryl,

I am sorry to hear about your teeth; that is a fear that I ahve also since I have Sjogrens. I get the responsefrom my parents "I raised my kids and we are enjoying retirement." Not much help there! When I do ask them, I feel guilty and imposing.

I haven't been checking in; too much stress lately along with IT, Sjogrens, Diabtes, high blood pressure, Gerd, and fun FIbro. Economy is slow and my hubby's company is laying off employees every week. He has been given a 55 day notice. I am frantically trying to get all my meds refilled, etc, in between constantly seeing doctors.

More labs and a week later, and I am now Antiphospholipid (spell?) positive. The day prior to the dr's appnt, had head rush and thought I was going to pass out. Rhuemy wants me to see a neurologist so I better get it scheduled prior to huby being let go. He has been with the company for almost 20 years; it's heartbreaking.

Our insurance is through his employment, etc. We both know that he will not get another job with the same pay rate that he is currently at due to length of service. It's frustrating with 2 children and I only work limited part time due to IT.

I am sorry if I sound like I am complaining; don't mean to sound like it. I am very frustrated, worried, etc. Negativity is not helpful. I continue to pray, and pray. God is good and will always provide for us. Fibro is kicking in; took Vicodin and then Soma to break the pain. Put me in la la land since I took it together; though feeling beter.

I hope everyone is doing well. Things could be much worse.

Take care,

Faith

Thanks

Hi Faith...

Come let it out...don't stay away, don't despair. Sometimes just writing about it, we can find the answers within ourselves, we can find a calm....

Head hug.... you have so much happening and more too soon to come. If there is a solution to the problem, it can be fixed..if you see none..let it go..and breathe.

The Lord will provide, sometimes we have to look a bit to find it, in ourselves, in others..in other places...the answer is there..

In my prayers you are...Hugs.
    Love,
    Oluwa