Dear Friends,

Thank you so much for your responses to my posting ("Help with lupus diagnosis"). I have been told by doctors that I don't have lupus but reading through these forums, I'm pretty convinced that I do...

In a word, I am terrified. My life just started to take off and now, I don't know how to go on. I don't even know how to tell my fiance. Everyone I talk to that knows someone with lupus tells me all these horror stories. As soon as I tell someone, "I think I might have lupus," their face falls and they recount stories of endless hospitalizations, hair loss and general sicknesses. Even my fiance recounted to me that in college, one of his friends had lupus and he ended up hanging himself.

I used to be a model and an actress but I don't know what to do with myself anymore. I don't know if I should get married, if I should move to Washington D.C. for this new job, if I can continue acting.

It's obvious to me that if one suspects that they have lupus, they most likely do have lupus. Doctors will delay making a diagnosis or will misdiagnose.

Again, can people please recount some of their diagnosis stories? How did their lupus diagnosis occur? Did it take years? What sort of symptoms started it all?

Much thanks,
Starryne