Thread: Double Vision/Ghosting

Hybrid View

Thanks

Default Double Vision/Ghosting

Hi my name is Tina and I am new here. I am having a problem with my vision. I am geting double vision or a ghosting effect. Has anyone ever had this and what did you do about it? My eye Dr. thought that is was my astigmatism and changed the presc. for my glasses. Can anyone tell me anything about this, I have never heard about this before.Thanks for any help you can give me.

Thanks

Default hey

Hey Tina,
    I am new here to. I have had the same problem for about 2 years and I have been to my opthamologist 3x, my eyes are fine...I believe it is totally a neurological thing. BUT I don't know what causes it either and would like some answers as well on this problem. :roll: How long have you had this problem? So far there is nothing, no meds or anything that I have taken that has helped mine... I am glad to know I am not alone with this symptom.

TTYL
    Ashley
    Ashley
    30 years old, possible Lupus

~Be kinder than necessary, for everyone you meet is fighting some kind of battle~

Thanks

I went to my Rhuematologist yesterday and she said that she didn't think that it was a syptom at all just coincidence. She also said that Lupus doesn't usually affect the eyes. I guess I will have to go see the eye Dr again. It has been happening for about the last 6 months or so. I am especially worried because I drive a school bus and have to pass a yearly physical. I don't have any problems driving and try to avoid night trips.

Thanks for your help.

Thanks

are any of you on plaquenil????? if you are there are specific side effects that you need to read about

now with that said, i used to get severe ghosting effects from looking at white paper on sunny days, or glare from windshields while driving, here recently any written words looked fuzzy or dancing, i went to the eye doc and had a long talk, he said the ghosting was probally caused by lupus neuropathy and the fuzzinness was dry eyes, wear sunglasses and use fake tears, my eyes have cleared up except when they get dry again, i have noticed uncovered mercury vapor lights cause this also
    i was a truck driver
    Fair Oaks California

Thanks

Thanks Teriod
    No I am not on any meds. Mine is very mild. It has occured to me that my eyes might be dry-they have been feeling "funny" lately. I have never had that problem even when I wore contacts.
    I go to the eye Dr on thurs and will ask about it. I might have to go see the neuro eye dr again.
    Tina

Thanks

Wow, I just started having problems with this. My father is an eye doctor and he says it has nothing to do with the eyes, it is neurological. Most eye doctors will not be up front with you, but he said it is not common and should be look into further. I was sent for another MRI this week.

If it is due to eye dryness your eyes would hurt and you would know it. When you see double with ghosting it is neurological. If you have seen double before (ie. needing a prisome) it would have shown up sooner.

Good luck...I havent gotten my results from my MRI yet...I will keep you posted.

Tanya

Thanks

Thanks tlujan1
    I have an appt. with a neuro eye dr on the 7th. I already saw him once and he had said that it was my astigmatism but I have been back to the regular eye dr and she said that no it was not that. I don't know what to do!

Thanks

Do you have a neurologist? I would go see your neurologist. I have to wait to go see mine because I dont have insurance this month...I am just waiting for the MRI results. I will keep you posted about that.

Tanya