Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Plaquenil,, fading dark circles?

Thanks

The thing is though, i'm so pale. I'm like whiter than rice! so I look ill with my dark circles, so I never really get the whole "butyoudon'tlooksick" I wish I did! when people find out I have Lupus they go "oh it really shows" like oh, thanks.

Not only do I feel craptacular, I look it too.

Anyways, I was going to say something helpful, what was it? .... hmm.. oh right, yes. I believe the acne sideeffects to plaquneil only last a few weeks.

Have any of you ladies discovered tea tree oil yet? or witch hazel and aloe? and if you have chronic hives from your Lupus, it doubles up as anti-itch remedy too. Maybe your acne is due to your Lupus, or possibley flucuating hormones - which also can be related to Lupus, but anyways, the tea tree oil, which hazel and aloe really help with drying up your pimples and making them heal faster.

Sometimes aloe can be burning, so if it makes your skin burn then skip it! but to others it can be very soothing. Anyhoo, after you wash your face either put on straight aloe with a cotton ball, or put on a witch hazel and aloe toner, then moisturize! tea tree oil you can use as a spot treatment on your pimples, which will speed up the healing and help prevent scars.

Also some acne has been caused from zinc defiencies, and some people have gotten results from taking a supplement (i'm not sure of the right dosage, but I believe you're not suppose to exceed 100mg). Along with flaxseed oil, which is also good for inflammed joints. Make sure it doesn't interfere with your medication though if you do decide to.

Anyways, i'm sure you've probably heard all kinds of different remedies, and probably have heard these, but I thought it would be worth a shot to tell you.

P.s. Sometimes with aloe, it can make acne worse before it gets better, but when it gets better it really gets better. If you're using aloe, try to use from the plant or buy pure juice (no other ingredients) you'll have to get it at a health food store, other aloe products (in the sunburn section at your grocery store) won't work.

Thanks

*continuing post

I also forgot to mention that if you're a bit sensitive to the aloe juice, try diluting it half half in water.

Honey is also a good face mask, especially if you have inflammed skin like me (I don't really get the lesions mind you) and also has anti-bacterial properties. Again, sometimes it can make acne worse before it gets better. Skip it if you're allergic to bees or pollen.

Papaya contains sulfar which has shown to be beneficial with acne, and papaya is soothing to inflammed skin. You can mush it up and use it as a face mask.

Saysusie is offline Super Moderator Super ModeratorEmperor of the Universe
    Blog Entries
    Thanks

Hey Chi Chi;
    Yes, Victorville is not the same city that it was when we moved here to get out of the city. It is no longer a rural area; homes and businesses keep popping up all around us.
    Once, Bear Valley Road was a two lane road with 3 stop signs and it took us 10 minutes to get from SVL to the freeway (5 miles). It is now a five lane thoroughfare and it takes 30-45 minutes to travel that same five miles!! We are now a metropolis :lol:
    Are you here in the High Desert or in Tehachapi?

Welcome to the "Racoon Eyes" lol

Saysusie

Thanks

Ain't that the truth, Saysusie!
    I planned on making that trip to the show (on Bear Valley Road) with no traffic--I was shocked that it took me 30 minutes to get there once I turned onto BV Road. (like you said--it used to be a 5 minute trip!)

I'm in Tehachapi--actually, above Tehachapi, in Alpine Forest. We love it here. It's very quiet. It's chilly still--and the plants are just now starting to get leafed out. (They have a long way to go yet...)

Thanks for the welcome I am like Sary, my skin is so pale it makes things look worse. I tried on some new glasses (vision is quickly leaving me haha) in black frames--the optometrist said... mmmmNO. And then he tried to come up with a PC way to tell me that I was far too pale for black frames LOL!! I was cracking up.

Have a great day,
    Kristin