Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: hi there

Thanks

Thank you for your warm welcome Saysusie! I know how those flare-ups can be all too well , lol, and I wish you the warmth of homemade chicken soup, the comfort of a soft and fuzzy blanket, and of course a very speedy recovery from your flare-up... I've been in a flare now for a few months, actually havent had one last this long previously, and my rheumy thinks I had a tia last week (when I was 'sure' it was only a seizure ops: ), which was a low point for me in a flare so far. But I'm doing much better this week - a world of difference so far, lol... I'm really loving my new job, the only problem is waiting for my first paycheck till the 31st, lol... I really enjoy that this job actually is a joy to go to and I really enjoy the people I have the opportunity to work with!
    Get better soon!!
    Shea

Saysusie is offline Super Moderator Super ModeratorEmperor of the Universe
    Blog Entries
    Thanks

Thank You...like you, this Flare has lasted a bit longer than usual. It seems to take longer and longer to recover, but I am working very hard at it :lol:

Congratulations on your new job. It is not often that we are able to find a job that we enjoy going to and people that we enjoy working with. You are very lucky!! I wish you all the best..both in your job and in recovering from this flare.

Peace and Blessings
    Saysusie

Thanks

Hi Shea508!

Welcome to the Forum! I'm glad that you found us!

Please just know that anytime you need advice, support, information or just to vent or chat, we're all here for you!

CONGRATULATIONS on your new job! :bday:

Keep well!

Thanks

I so very much appreciate the thoughtfulness of what everyone has been writing! I have been quite alone - literally with the exception of my cats - for any company for a while, except the occasional guy who I meet and think he is a nice guy then he turns into the "early" version of Jeremy from the movie Shopgirl, LOL... I'm a hopeless optimist I guess...
    Yes, today has been rough on me physically. I really hate being pitied, and unfortunately it ends up either being that or people just walk away leaving you wondering 'what did I do?'... Yeah, I'm tired and I appreciate being able to come here & read your thoughts and not feel so damm alone for the couple of hours I'm awake at home and not at work. This weekend will be tough I think to be alone...
    I'm having trouble with my left arm since that TIA last week, but have been trying to go to work each day and do my best (where the pity seems to be entering the picture). I cant figure out if I want to cry when I come home from the pain, from the feeling of being pitied, or just from being so sick & tired of being sick & tired. Maybe its all of the above... Going to bed now before I drive myself biserk. Tomorrow is another day and hopes it will be much better not only for me but for everyone!
    Shea

Saysusie is offline Super Moderator Super ModeratorEmperor of the Universe
    Blog Entries
    Thanks

How are you today? I know how frustrating it can be to have no one truly understand your Lupus and then to pity you instead of comforting you! It is quite normal to feel sick and tired of being sick and tired!!
    We are here to give you comfort, support, understanding and acceptance. I hope that you start to feel better soon - emotionally and physically!!
    Peace and Blessings
    Saysusie

Thanks

Hello, Shea. I want to add my 'welcome' to all of the others. You'll find a lot of support here (I think you've seen some of that already!) and people who really understand what's happening to you. I'm glad to hear you're enjoying your new job. That's going to make your life a lot easier. Nothing worse than plodding along doing something you hate 40 hours a week! Are you recovering from your TIA? Hope you find a good doctor close by. Makes all the difference, doesn't it? Please 'stop by' often..there's almost always someone on line to 'listen' and you'll soon have responses to your questions. Sometimes it's good just to have a place to find a friend. I spend a lot of time alone, too (with my two cats!) because my husband travels. There are a lot of cat people here...read some of Teriod's posts for laughs! :lol: :lol: Take care, Shea.

Jody
    "If you trust Google more than you trust your doctor than maybe it's time to switch doctors."

Thanks

Default me again

Hey All,
    I'm sorry I havent posted in a couple days, I've been so tired when I get home and I worked today too, but things are getting better overall...

I actually got asked out on a date today-for tonight but I cancelled becuz his teeenage daughter has mono right now and I'm afraid he could be a 'carrier' right now - cant get that to top everything else that has been going on even tho I really dont want to be home alone right now on a long weekend... Its not the end of the world or anything, I'm just the type who prefers to be out & about when at all possible I guess... But I declined the date on that reason, and he did understand (I had told him I have Lupus - I stay very honest with anyone I talk to with dating in mind - just want them to understand who i am and what life with me could be like).. I feel that honest is always the way to be.. I have to admit that most men really dont want to be around when they realize what Lupus entails in the long run, but its better to know that up-front than figure it out like I did when I was married.. :roll:

Thanks again for being here , its been a very long couple of weeks with very little real support besides you all...
    Shea

Thanks

Hello Shea,
    Welcome to the board. I am still new here, and boy--it's SO nice to be able to post something and have people really "understand". (Makes me feel less crazy, eh?)
    I am sorry you had to cancel your date, but I do think it was neccessary, due to the potential illness. That would NOT be worth it
    I'm glad you're feeling better, though, and hope you find something fun to do this weekend. You're smart to be up front about your lupus with potential relationship "guys".
    Enjoy the long weekend,
    Kristin