Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: hi there

Thanks

Default hi there

My name is Shea, I'm 40, live with my cats in a tiny apt here in Westport MA, recently re-transplanted back to New England after being down south for over 25 yrs. Ive had my trials and tribulations as we all have with dr's, was left untreated for years with symptoms- even severely misdiagnosed and put on meds that made my life just awful for several years... Have some excellent lupus and yoga books, & yoga dvds I would highly recommend.. Anyhoo, I have put a post to the new england support group area - looking for support in SE MA area. Right now I'm in a bad flare-up :cry: , more marked kidney problems, general joint/body inflammation, and pericarditis - again so please excuse my brevity and non-connected thoughts. I would like to make some new friends in the area, so please do respond or write to me directly..

Thanks

hello and welcome,

any question there are very knowledgeable people on this site that willhelp you, or if you need to chat to any one we will be here

shane

Thanks

Hi,. Shea, and welcome. I imagine going back to the New England weather must be a change after the South for so many years. I'm sorry you are having a difficult time right now - have you found a doctor in your area to manage your lupus?

Thanks

Thank you both for responding so fast! :shock: wow.. lol... Well yesterday was a bad day, symptom-wise, only had one other day that bad in the past actually... But today is much better !

I made a post to the support groups area, so that was my initial thought beyond - yes - trying to find a new rheumatologist here. I have to go up to VT to see my persent doc on Monday morning.

Yes, the weather is much harder to take for the moment, but as long as I stay active and take my meds I do pretty good overall...

I guess I'm one of the few people Ive ever knew who likes it hot and staemy instead of cool and dry, lol...

Thanks

Welcome Shea

Hope you will feel right at home here. Everyone is so nice and understanding. I really like it here since I have joined the group. It's a great source of support and encouragement any time you need someone to talk to!

Thanks

Default Welcome

Hi Shea

I am new here also and everyone is really nice. I hope you find a great Rheumy up there. Take Care 8)
    Ashley
    30 years old, possible Lupus

~Be kinder than necessary, for everyone you meet is fighting some kind of battle~

Thanks

Thank you both so very much! I sincerely appreciate the very positive nature of the people who post here. Most sites i've tried are more like being in a b*tching session :? rather than positive reinforcement, and I am so glad I found my way here! I think we all get down in the dumps over this or that sometimes, but the best thing I have found is to be proactive and learn as much as you can about whatever you can do to help yourself so those down times arent quite as hard to deal with...

I know that doing Yoga and meditation have both been really helpful for me over the years, as well as cutting the dairy products from my diet - things like that which end up making a noticeable impact on my daily life... I know from being so badly misdiagnosed several years back that even my family doesnt tend to be very supportive with my having Lupus, and its really nice to be able to talk with others who are going thru similar things, so you dont feel quite as alone.

I cant even begin to tell you how many people come right out and ask me if I'm contagious, etc, which tends to blow my mind - strangely enough each time it happens, lol... So I guess I can tell you all that my best and worst quality is that I'm honest & open and believe others are the same way, lol...

Again, thanks for writing back, it was nice to get online and see there had been more responses! Hope everyone is having a superb weekend!

Shea

Thanks

Default Movin'North

Shea,
    I envy you! I too am a transplanted Yankee living in the South and I would REALLY love to move back North. I've noticed that I felt much, much better when we were visiting in the Catskills a couple of years ago. We are trying to get kids and finances situated so that we can move out of Texas in a couple of years.
    Marla

Thanks

LOL Marla! :lol:
    You know something, all the years I spent down south, over a few states (but never texas, unfortunately) I always felt the very same way. But you know, I miss the pace of the south. The ability to sit out on your porch and talk with people walking/riding by, the way people wave hello - no matter if they know you or not... You just dont find that atmosphere up North, and those are the kinds of things that I miss the very most. I really enjoyed knowing my neighbors and sitting out on the porch, playing guitar in the moon and candlelight and having a pint or two on occasion, lol.. I encourage you to find the beauty in where you are living, because strangely enough the place you feel like you cant wait to get away from might really be a place you end up missing very much! I'll get off my soap box now, lol...
    Where are you in Texas? A friend of mine has a son who runs several really nice restaurants in the Galveston area. But like I said I have never been, but would love to at some point!
    Shea

Saysusie is offline Super Moderator Super ModeratorEmperor of the Universe
    Blog Entries
    Thanks

Hi Shea :lol:
    I'm sorry that I am so late in welcoming you. Been down with an awful flare caused by a simple case of the flu. I guess most of us know how that happens. Anyway, I see that you've discovered how kind, thoughtful and caring the people in this family are and I am very happy that you found us!
    I hope that you will join us often and continue to bless us with your "Southern Hospitality" even though you are now living up North :lol:
    You are never alone here and you will always find someone here to answer your questions, understand your concerns and to just be there to listen when you need it!

Peace and Blessings
    Saysusie