Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: VENTING Husband has left

Thanks

Thank you so much.....your right it will be alot better. Now that hes out...but now he's calling ask me for money....I know he gave me money to cover all the overdrafts that he caused ...but damit...I am going to give it to him this time....only because he still owes me $2,000.00 which he says he is putting in my bank tomorrow. I am only goin to give him 20.00 though...and he will just have to deal with that. GRRRR I know he is a master manipulator....so I have hold my ground. Wish me luck. God bless, Dawn

Thanks

He owes you 2000 dollars but needs 20?

I'd open your own checking account and find a good lawyer. Get formal papers filed so that you're protected from his overdrafts and bad credit.

Filing the papers is hard, but SO necessary to protect yourself from the possibility of legal liability. I mean, if he is drinking and driving, and gets into an accident, the victims of the accident can sue YOU if you're not formally and legally separated.

I know this is new, and this is probably too early to mention all of this, but his behavior forces me to offer this advice. If you're in CA, I can help to a point. I've been there, done that.

--Kristin

Thanks

Kristin is 100% right...protect yourself financially, Dawn. The laws vary from state to state, but whatever it takes you need to shield yourself from his financial screw ups. Often you can file for 'legal separation' which in some states will make you financially separate. You should assume that you have only yourself to rely on now, and make sure you don't leave any financial opening for him. Even if he gets his act together and you decide to reconcile, you still need to protect yourself right now. I've seen it too many times....he (or she, as the case may be) runs up a lot of debt or messes with a checking account, and the innocent party ends up holding the bag. Get yourself a lawyer and find out what your rights are...ASAP!

Jody
    "If you trust Google more than you trust your doctor than maybe it's time to switch doctors."

Thanks

Thinking of you. I work as a domestic violence & sexual assault advocate, so I know the damage that verbal abuse can cause.

I hope this will start a positive new chapter in your life. I'm wishing you well and hoping the best for you.
    Missy

Thanks

does he have a job,
    i support my family. some days i struggle but i still go to work, he is the one not suffering, move on find some one more supportive, they are out there, trust me!
    you will do fine!

people don't understand

shane

Thanks

hang in there dawn. this makes me sad, and im sure it can only get better for you. once things settle down, you'll feel so much better!

be well

Thanks

I am so sorry to hear of your problems. You are definitely in my prayers! Hang in there, I know things will pick up & hopefully in the end this will relieve a lot of stress and be the best thing for you. Let us know how things turn out.

Thanks

Thank you all for your kind words, prayers and thoughts. It really means alot to me. It so much more peaceful around here now...it is nice. Just me my dogs and cats. I now I am only working for my own paycheck without having to give him any money I have'nt filed for legal separation yet because I have consult my preist first...which I now he will ok it...because I had already spoken to him about the same problem last year when we separated then. Anyway, I am focusing on my health and trying to get better.....I know with most of the stress gone, that will help.
    God bless you all. Dawn

Saysusie is offline Super Moderator Super ModeratorEmperor of the Universe
    Blog Entries
    Thanks

Hi Dawn :lol:
    Still doing ok? I am glad that you are not under as much stress. Remember, when the legalaties start, your stress levels may go up again. We will be here for you to help you to weather that storm also!!

Much Peace to You
    Saysusie