Thread: vitamin D?

Thanks

Default vitamin D?

I'm just wondering how much or if any vitamin D you are taking.I have been looking on the internet to see how much we need but it only tells me what a "normal" person would take not some one who never see's the sun. I wear a spf 60 and am always covered and never really am i out in the sun.

Saysusie is offline Super Moderator Super ModeratorEmperor of the Universe
    Blog Entries
    Thanks

Hi Rhonday;

I've heard that Vitamin D has been identified as a significant factor for several autoimmune illnesses such as multiple sclerosis, rheumatoid arthritis, insulin-dependent diabetes mellitus, and inflammatory bowel disease and Lupus. Many people have reported a significant improvment from taking vitamin D.
    Many reports have stated that our Vitamin D level should be no less than 78 nmol/l (31 ng/ml)[15] and that a level of 108 nmol/l (43 ng/ml) or more is desirable for CFIDS/FM/Lupus patients and that lower levels of naturally produced Vitamin D may require supplementation.
    The recommended dosage for people with low levels of Vitamin D begins at approximately 1300 IU per day to reach the lower end of the optimal range of Vitamin D. The issue of toxicity always arise with Vitamin D, and apart from some rare specific illnesses, intermittent doses of more than 100,000 IU have been tolerated (but only when not taken continuously). The lowest proven toxicity report was found when taking, on a continuing basis, 40,000 IU per day.
    I hope that this has been helpful to you. Let me know if you need anything further
    :lol:

Peace and Blessings
    Saysusie

Thanks

Yes, RHONDA you want to take your Vit D since you do have discoid lupus and have to wear sunscreen everyday!