Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: rheumatologists

Thanks

hi there! im so glad you are getting yourself to the doctor!! teri is right what he said about brian. it can start with a ban (like mine did) or start with painful knees, you never know what will get lupus started. and it not matter if dle too. lupus still in the name!!

an immunologist mainly deal with allergies and asthma.

keep us posted sweetie!

Thanks

Thanks everyone for your encouraging words but my appt. will be delayed. they just called to set up the appt. and informed me that I will have to pay $100 just to be able to set one because of a no show back almost 2 years ago. I remember when I had the appt. and I could not go at the last minute because of babysitting issues.

It's things like this that make me feel the way I do about doctors.

Thanks

Default Doctors

I'm also waiting, literally on pins and needles with the neuropathy, to see a rheumatologist. My GP gave me the ANA results (1:160) and told me that her guess was that I have Lupus about three weeks ago. I went home very worried and looked it up on the internet. Everything just fell into place -the awful fatigue, the joint pain, the rashes on my face and neck, the shortness of breath and pain on deep breathing, the sores that pop out on my arms during warm weather or stress, the tingling and numbness in my toes and feet, the frequent migraines, and the episode of peeing blood last fall when my beloved mother-in-law passed away. Now I have to wait until July 13 before I can see the rheumatologist. It's the end of a rough school year and I'm totally exhausted, and really feeling nervous until I can see the guy. I keep reading about "permanent organ damage" and I wonder how much I might have, since all of my "little" complaints were ignored by my previous GP, and I've had most of these symtoms for over 7 years.
    Oh, and I could write a book on maternity care! That is why, after I had my first in a hospital, I went looking for homebirth options and had the next 4 at home. I even went to work for my midwife and helped to deliver 35 babies. We've heard many, many interesting stories!
    Marla

Thanks

Hi Camyskitties!

I'm SO glad to hear that you are getting yourself to the Rheumatologist! Please let us know when the appointment is and how it goes!

Gees and I thought that my Rheumatologist was expensive! :shock:

Keep well!

Thanks

If it's going to take you too long to get in to see that Rheumy, might I suggest a sooner appt with an Internist, who can probably order at least some of the labs the Rheumy would be ordering? Then, you might have some labs to work with when you have the Rheumy appt, too.

Just a thought, especially if you are feeling crummy......
    Missy

Thanks

my dermo is a total rooster,
    i tell ya,
    you know i askeed him a simple question the other day like what type of lupus i have and he said cutaneous lupus e, what ever that word is, and i said what type, no answer, asked i am due for blood test( last blood sdec last year) and he said no need till dec, now i know i am no where nere as as bad as some but you need to know where your at. i have an appointment with a rhemuy next week hopefully i make some ground cause the 57 doctors(well it feels that many) i have seen don't know shit

shane

Thanks

Yeah, take it from me that derms don't know half as much about DLE or SLE as much as they let on. My derm is more concerned about his plastic surgery, botox, chemical peel patients than me who has a REAL skin issues. Best bet is go to a rheumatologist, absolutely! Good luck with it!