Thread: exercise machine at home?

Thanks

Default exercise machine at home?

Hey Snap,

I found out about my lupus in December and didn't go to the gym for 5 months, even though I was still paying for my membership. Sometimes it's hard to know if I'm tired or lazy or both. I finally dragged my a... there today. It felt great but I seriously doubt I'll be able to motivate myself to get there too often. So I decided to shell out the money to get myself an exercise machine I can use at home for the days when I'm flaring or just don't feel like seeing anybody. That way I can exercise at my own pace. Do you think that might work for you? It might give you more energy so you can do more things with your hubby.

Just a thought...

Thanks

I have an elliptical machine at home. I'm not very good about using it, but both my rheumatologist and my neurologist agree that it's a good choice for me. Low impact, good cardiovascular, doesn't 'beat up' my joints. It doesn't solve the weight bearing exercise need, but there are ways to manage that, too. I don't think I'd drag myself to a gym regularly, either. That being said, I also know that warm therapy pools are a good choice for exercise when the joints just won't tolerate much else. Most of us don't have something like that at home, so it means finding a gym or therapy center that has one of those.
    "If you trust Google more than you trust your doctor than maybe it's time to switch doctors."