Thread: Swollen Lymph Nodes??

Thanks

Default Swollen Lymph Nodes??

Has anyone ever had the problem with swollen lymph nodes all over their body??? The lymph nodes in my neck especially around my colar bones are the size of lemons...and the rest of my lymph nodes are swollen every else. My doctor put me on Augmenton 825 ml twice a day. I have not noticed any change. So now I am going to go see a (brain fog) doctor that specailizes in lymph glands and other glands. Anyway...it is extremely painful. Any ideas ...Dawn (I do have Lupus SLE)

Thanks

Default oh yeah, I know about those!

Hi there Dawn,
    Oh boy, can I relate to those lymph nodes. Not the size of lemons, but definitely large, and all over--lymphadenopathy I think is what the docs call it. I didn't even KNOW we had lymph nodes behind the collar bones haha.
    Well, mine came with low grade fever and sudden 20 pound weight loss. My rheumatologist didn't freak out, and wanted to keep an eye on things. I saw my cardiologist (for a heart check up) and he noticed them and freaked. He sent me to an oncologist, who gave me a workup, and after a month, found that I had an abscess in my right sinus (he found it on an MRI, again, on accident). He sent me to an ENT surgeon, and I had surgery to remove the abscess and to reopen the scarred-over passages between the sinuses. (I didn't even know they were 'bad'.) Anyway, I have had another surgery a few months later... and have yet to get these sinuses under control (looking at yet another one).
    Anyway, my rheumatologist believes that this might be totally lupus related, but of course that's a hard greased-pig to catch. He thinks the abscess that they found (and subsequent bad sinus problems) was a fluke. Either that or he thinks that the sinus disease might be autoimmune, too--Wegeners something or other... I am not paying much attention yet--until I get a definite, I try not to get to worrying too much.
    Anyway... I just wanted to tell you that you are not alone. Yes, I know how disconcerting it is to have lymph node swelling--the ones behind your knees, in your back along your spine, the back of your head... they are all very painful and very annoying when you need to move Hang in there. I hope it passes quickly for you.
    I still have them (they were first noticed back in September), and the fever is still going. (about 100.7 today). I am trying to just "get used to it", but sometimes that is hard.
    Good luck, and if there is anything I can do to help, please let me know.
    --Kristin

Thanks

Yes, swollen Lymph Nodes is a symptom of Lupus mine under my jaw bone are up all times now, and the one under my left arm pops up when I am starting to flare (I really should listen to that symptom but I don't then wonder why I am as crook as lol.) But do get it checked by your doc first as you may have an underlying infection somewhere.
    Namaste,
    Peace, Love and Happiness

Thanks

Hi!

I have had a swollen lymph node in the back of my neck on the right side, just under the place where my hair starts growing, since September last year and it will NOT go away! I had a Glandular Fever-type virus in September last year and was extremely ill, but tested negative for E.B.V. twice and negative for C.M.V. (Cytomegalovirus), as well. They still don't know what was wrong, but I broke out in the weirdest rash the doctors have ever seen and even the Dermatologist had absolutely no clue what it was! :? They just knew that it was some very, very odd virus, which made me very ill. I was absent from school for two weeks (which used to be practically unheard of for me) and could hardly lift my body up from the bed, I was so weak.

MsDawnie44: I'm glad to hear that you are getting this checked out! Lymph nodes the size of lemons are NOT normal! Let us know how it goes! I will keep you in my prayers...

Keep well and God bless!

Thanks

Thank you all for all the info...very helpful....I thought it might be related to the Lupus....my poor GP...he is in a quandry....Just found out I dont get in to see the Endo until June 26th...GRRRR...so I am going to call them first thing this morning and try to get in earlier. God Bless You all. Dawn

Thanks

Hi MsDawnie44!

I sincerely hope that you can get in earlier! Let us know!

Keep well!

Thanks

Well I can't get in any earlier and when I talked to the receptionist she said that the Doctor does not treat anyone with Lupus So what do I do...I'm guessing I will just have to call my GP back. My lymp nodes are getting better while I am on the Augmenton...they go down and swell so to me thats progress :lol: God bless you all, Dawn