Thread: New member, but not new to Lupus...unfortunately!

Thanks

Default New member, but not new to Lupus...unfortunately!

Hi! My name is Hasanati...recently turned 33 4/26...yippy... Not in the best place in my life right now... I was diagnosed w/ Lupus in 2000 and from that point...it was down hill from there...sorry, but I'm depressed today and being all uplifting and outgoing just isn't me today. Also had a miscarriage 9/16/04...so, Mother's Day totally sucked for me! :cry: And I found out that my SSI was denied...so, you know how that goes!

:!: Here are a few good things about me...on any normal day...I'd be proud:

Legislative Affairs: Guided successful lobbying efforts through creating a non profit to aide in funding, research & awareness. Achieved recognition for positive advocacy efforts. Attended Advocacy Day ‘07 in Washington DC & addressed Congress at Capital Hill, with the Lupus Foundation of America & The L Zone: The Lupus Community’s Advocate.

Biography:
    Hasanati D. Nutall, a writer, speaker, Lupus survivor and advocate who focuses on inspiring, enriching and motivating the lives of others through being ‘purpose driven.’ Hasanati is the founder of, The L Zone: The Lupus Community’s Advocate. She created this organization to promote Lupus and other chronic illness awareness. She is a Lupus Survivor, who was diagnosed in 2000, and from that point, she began her mission to lobby for all people who suffer from Lupus and related illnesses. It’s her life’s goal to enlist family and friends to join in on this important campaign to increase federal support for Lupus research and awareness. Her mission is to: protect and advance the legal, human service rights of people with disabilities. Removing barriers, providing support and education, advocating for individuals and policy change. Her goal is to: educate, support, advocate and enlist the involvement and interest to elevate awareness of Lupus to a prominent place on the nations healthcare agenda and to stimulate action to address treatment, medications, research and education. Her vision is to: advise people with chronic illnesses, along with their families and circles of support, that they have the right to live a life of freedom, responsibility, and belonging. Her vision also encompasses distributing information about Lupus, advising patients how to live a life of contentment with their illness and providing access to other Lupus survivors. Her target audience is: Lupus patients, and other related illnesses, representatives of major federal and state agencies, national medical societies, the general public, leader’s and decision-makers in the community. Her objective for her advocacy efforts are: to increase federal funding for Lupus-related medical research, improve public awareness of Lupus, expand services for all people affected by the disease, educate government officials and the general public about the health impact of Lupus on the community, and obtain enactment of legislation that preserves or enhances government programs that benefit people with Lupus.
    Hasanati Nutall, The L Zone: The Lupus Community's Advocate
    www.webspawner.com/users/thelzone

Saysusie is offline Super Moderator Super ModeratorEmperor of the Universe
    Blog Entries
    Thanks

Hello and Welcome Hasanati :lol:
    It is so wonderful to have an advocate, such as you, out there speaking on our behalf. I am just sorry that you are suffering from symptoms right now and that your mother's day was one that reminded you of your losses. You are a very courageous person and one that has much to offer, both for us here as well as for Lupus sufferer all across the nation. It is an honor to have you here with us.
    Please know that we are here for you at any time that you need us and that we want you to know that you are never alone. I hope that we can help you at least half as much as you are helping others!!

Peace and Blessings
    saysusie

Thanks

Welcome, Hasanati. I checked out the LZone website, and am glad to see that there is one more advocate looking out for those of us who deal with lupus everyday. Thank you for your efforts!

My heart goes out to you - we all know how hard it is to deal with the ups and downs of lupus. When you're in a bad place, know that you can come here to find support. It's been a life saver for me - I'm not sure what I would've done without this forum. I hope we can be a support to you. I'm so sorry about the sadness that mother's day brings to you. It's too easy to say that time will lessen the pain (even though I suspect that's true) so let me just say that you can share that pain with others here, and you'll always find someone who understands. Maybe that will be a comfort.

Hope to hear more about your advocacy journey, Hasanati. Best wishes to you...

Jody
    "If you trust Google more than you trust your doctor than maybe it's time to switch doctors."

Thanks

Hi Hasanati!

Welcome to the Forum! I'm really glad that you found us!

Please just know that anytime you need support, advice, information or just to vent or chat, we're all here for you!

I am SO sorry to hear about your miscarriage, Hasanati :cry:, but please know that you are in my prayers...

Keep well!