Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: HAPPY MOTHER'S DAY

Thanks

Thank you, Marycain, for remembering that I recently lost my Mom. I miss her so - this morning I spent a couple of hours sorting through a library of photos, putting together a computer folder of photos of her to send to my brother and sister. Healing for me, I think.

And thank you, Susie, for making this forum possible - where would we all be without it!? You are a blessing to us all, and Marycain is so right...Lauri would be very proud of you.

Jody
    "If you trust Google more than you trust your doctor than maybe it's time to switch doctors."

Thanks

HAPPY MOMMY'S DAY TO ALL YOU MOMMY'S AND SOON TO BE MOMMY'S!!!!!

thank you all for being you. so many of you, in your own special ways, have unknwingly mothered me in so many different ways. and i thank you.

my prayers and thoughts to all of you who have lost someone, missing someone, needing someone all mohther like.

be well my mommy friends

Thanks

Jody, my mom has been gone for almost thirteen years, and on Mother's Day, it always seems like the loss is still brand new. It made me really sad when my youngest was looking through an old photo album, and he pointed at a picture of my mom and asked who the "pretty lady" was. They've seen the pictures of her we have in frames, but this was a much older picture of her, and he didn't know who it was.

One thing I have really enjoyed doing was putting together a "cookbook" album to share with my siblings -I typed up a lot of her old handwritten recipes, and had a lot of old family pictures scanned, then I put them together with some of the old family stories and "Momisms" - I'm sure you have a few of those running around your head too. It's funny sometimes how the kids will do something, and I open my mouth to talk to them, and what comes out is not me, but my mom. Writing all that stuff down made me feel really close to her, and brought back some wonderful memories.

Thanks

Oh, Marycain I love the cookbook idea! I have many of my Mom's old recipes (a lot of them in her handwriting, on well-used pieces of paper!) It would be fun to do that. I might work on that in the coming months. It would be a nice surprise for my brother and sister.

It's funny about hearing your parent's words come out of your mouth. My husband 'channels' his father all the time, but he'd never admit it. And everyone always tells me how much I remind them of my Mom. I look like her (not her size 6, though! ), sound like her and act like her. If anyone had told me 20 years ago that would happen, I'd have never believed it! Weird....

Jody
    "If you trust Google more than you trust your doctor than maybe it's time to switch doctors."

Thanks

Not such happy mother's day for me....
    I will post what is going on with me and my daughter soon on a new topic. Can't do it right now (I can't see with tears in my eyes.)
    Love to all of you--Kthy