Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: HAPPY MOTHER'S DAY

Thanks

Default HAPPY MOTHER'S DAY

To all of my cyber sisters,

I wish you a Happy Mother's Day. Whether you're a mother, godmother, aunt, guardian, or just an angel to a child- KUDOS to you. Enjoy your day and bask in it.

Thanks

Thank you for the lovely thought. Much as I love Mother's Day, I have to admit that I'll be really glad when my kids learn to cook. They want to "fix" breakfast for me, and the results are sometimes interesting, to say the least.

Thanks

Default A thought for Mother's Day

For all the many mothers who have lost children to this disease, or to other illnesses, injuries, or senseless accidents - and for the women who dream of being mothers but wonder if it will ever be possible because of this disease - a very special Mother's Day wish for you, for peace and happiness, and a loving reunion someday with the children who live in your hearts and in your dreams, who are waiting for you just beyond the rainbow bridge.

I have been to a place
    that exists somewhere beyond.
    It is a world of peace and harmony
    where all creatures are equal
    and dreams are fulfilled.

No room for false pretenses
    or deception-
    No place for prejudice
    or hatred.

In this land of everlasting sunshine
    and magnificent rainbows
    The scent of flowers lingers,
    their brilliant colors delight the eyes.
    Birds create a symphony of merriment
    as butterflies dance on the air.

A feeling of contentment and joy
    like none experienced before.
    Found only in this special place
    and fills me with hope and renewal.
    I can believe that anything is possible
    in this land beyond.

Hold my hand.
    Let me show you the way.
    Share with me
    this magical place
    Somewhere beyond the rainbow.

~Kirsti A. Dyer

Thanks

MARYCAIN,

thank was a beautiful poem and very thoughtful of you. Just anticipate that one Mother's Day when your kids will be able to "REALLY FIX" you a meal and then you can bring up the others you had to eat. Sounds like you will have a wonderful day tomorrow. Be blessed.

Thanks

Thank you, Pretti, and you, Marycain, for the lovely Mother's Day wishes and poem. It's quiet here this morning (everyone else is still sleeping) and I'm enjoying a little Mother's Day solidtude. I'll be fixing the breakfast, but will be treated to a nice lunch out later today. My granddaughter is here with her dad - her parents divorced now for a couple of years. I'm reminded of the transitions that many families are dealing with this mother's day (and probably have throughout the years.) My mother's day prayer for hope and encouragement goes out to all those who are recovering from divorce or separation; those who are living with domestic violence; those who deal daily with additictions; those living in poverty; those living with serious illness (theirs or a loved one's) those who lost children, fathers and mothers this past year; those who are estranged from their mothers or children; and those who find themselves alone. God honors new beginnings - may this year be a year of new beginnings for you. HAPPY MOTHER'S DAY to all of you!

Jody
    "If you trust Google more than you trust your doctor than maybe it's time to switch doctors."

Thanks

hey hey hey, just wanted to wish all you moms,moms to be, grandmoms all a happy mothers day, take it easy and do sumtin nice for yourself today, most of all no worries be happy :bday: :bday: :bday: :bday:
    Fair Oaks California

Thanks

Jody and Pretti - I know this Mother's Day must be especially hard for both of you - your losses are still so fresh and painful. You are in my thoughts and prayers today.

Saysusie - Your daughter must be so proud of you - for moving past your grief and despair to create this wonderful forum as a safe haven for all of us. Enjoy your happy memories today and bask in the warmth of the love that Lauri is sending down to you. Have a blessed day.

And please, everyone, say a special prayer for Chris and Lori Coble. Ladera Ranch, California, who buried their three children yesterday. Kyle, age 5, and his sisters Emma, age 4, and Katie, age 2, were killed when a tractor-trailer rig slammed into the back of their mother's minivan. I can't imagine the pain those parents are feeling today - please keep them in your thoughts and prayers.

Saysusie is offline Super Moderator Super ModeratorEmperor of the Universe
    Blog Entries
    Thanks

Thank You So Much Marycain..and the poem was beautiful and just what I needed to hear on this Mother's Day.
    I am saying a prayer for each and every mother, mother-to-be, grand-mother, etc.; that they all look at the glories that are their children and grand-children; that they never, ever lose sight of the fact that these relationships are to be cherished, never taken for granted and that they know that time is so fleeting...make the most out of your relationship with your children because tomorrow is never promised!!
    My prayers and my heart go out to all of us who have lost our children, for their is no more devastating loss. I pray for those who are grieving right now and, I ask that God touch their hearts to let them know that their life will, one day, be livable again, even though I know that they do not believe that now!
    Mother's day is a day for our loved ones to celebrate us, it is also a day for us to take a moment and thank God for allowing us to be the vessels that brought his cherished little ones into this world. I can think of no greater gift than the gift of giving life!! I honor each and every mother here and I want to thank each of you for being such an important part of this family.
    May you all have a loving, blessed and cherished Mother's Day!!

All My Love
    Saysusie

Thanks

Thank you Susie for your thoughts and prayers but more so for this forum and allowing us to be an extension of your family as it becomes an extension of ours as well.

Thanks

Thank you, Marycain, for always looking beyond the obvious and into our hearts. It means a lot to me that others realize the journey to motherhood is not so simple for all.

And many joys to those mothers today that are celebrating!
    Missy