Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Question for Teroid and others if they want to answer

Hybrid View

Thanks

Default Question for Teroid and others if they want to answer

Teroid what sort of vehicle do you go off road with? i have seen alot of 4wd in books over here that are from america and they are beefed up to the max to our standards over here.( we would like to throw massive lift kits, wheels etc but law don't allow it) did you get right in to trials or just cruise and enjoy the open spaces. i used tohill climb ,mud run, alot of sand driving and enjoyed peace and quite surrounded by wilderness.

shane

Thanks

[img][/img][img]

i have a jeep and 3 fullsize chevie 4wd, i like to jeep the most, its only has add-a- leafs for extra clearance, that wouldnt be noticable in austr. and its taken me wherever i want to go within reason, one of my symptoms of lupus is peritonitis which is an inflamtion of the stomach lining, this has been keepin me from doin any 4wd latley but the doc just increase the prednizone today maybe i can get out and do some[/img]

dont know if this is allowed:www.jeeps-offroad.com

p.s. thats a prednizone belly :changes:
    theres a couple of aussie jeepers in there
    Fair Oaks California

Thanks

when i was right in to 4wd i had a short wheel base daihatsu F20 that i had chop and made into a ute and put a three quarter worked 2 litre in it with 2inch lift big tyres(only 31 inch) and this thing was unstoppable and alot of fun,
    that photo of the waterfall is that local to you?
    shane

Thanks

ya its on the consumnes river, about an hour away, that jeep has 31 on it and a 4.2 liter straight 6 (cant kill that thing) on thing wrong with the jeep is the stricker post on the door jamb, it keep ripping out my belt loops, im lookin iinto gettin tinted windows for it
    Fair Oaks California

Thanks

well that kind of explains your screen name, whats a ute
    ?????? :eggface:
    Fair Oaks California

Thanks

yeah my name is what i use on all my sites, picked it cause shane is to common and you have to have a number or other characters in the title,i am now doing up a old holden ute. two of the diahatsu's i have had were utes.

What we call a ute over here, you probably would call a pick-up? (has a cab chassis with a style side or a tray on the rear.)

i would be interested in the output of 4.2 straight line 6 as we have a small v8 version of the 4.2 and are quite torquey.

all the tracks i use (which now are 60% housing developments) were within 70kms of my home some were really good could be challenging, that area you go to looks like a real nice spot.

shane[/img]

Thanks

there are some real good areas near where i live, unfortunatley, many are being closed down, either from great abuse from idiots or just closed due to the great amount of over zealot greenies, i respect the forest and leave it the way i found it, but both extremes ruin the fun for everybody,
    vent vent vent

anyway on the 24th im gonna drug up on painkillers and bite the bullet and go 4 wheelin, i get to graduate with a assc.science degree and im gonna head for the hills, i be sure and take some good pics for ya.

ive seen may tv show on the great parks in the north of austrailia, have you been 4whellin up there, it seems as tho there are many different types of landscapes available to a great ute wrecker such as your self to play around with?????? :lol:
    Fair Oaks California

Thanks

a top end trip i have been planning since i was 17, it was to do the whole top end journey but it has never ever happened, but i have told my wife when our kids get older that i will be doing it but she said she don't want to, So probably i will do all on my own or a group of mates will be planned in to it. you are definatly right about how good it is so much untouch beautiful country.

shane

Thanks

got your ute built yet????,well ship it on over here and lets go wheelin,at night of course :silly:
    Fair Oaks California

Thanks

don't think my wife would like that, but if i am ever over your way i will let you know (not that i travel much) and if you ever come over to Australia pop in i will show you around my local stompin grounds.

shane