Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Help my hair is falling out?!

Thanks

hi everyone,
    i got diagnosed in march this year...i had long, thick hair too but not anymore! my hair was falling off like crazy...i told my rheumy and he said that it's normal...the prednisone was to blame, i guess!! anyway, i just couldn't stand seeing all my long hair everywhere so i decided to cut it short so i don't see as much hair around the house...and it did help!! and for me, the less prednisone i take, the less hair comes off! but if you can, just cut your hair short...it makes it seem like you're losing less hair because it's short!! hope it gets better for all of you who are suffering from hair loss...take care!
    May God bless you all!

Thanks

Hi
    Thanks for your response. Now, when you say you cut your hair short, how short are you talking?
    Hugs,
    Denise (NH)

Thanks

hi neicee,
    it wasn't too short...i use to have long hair...down to my back, a little longer from where my bra strap would be...when i cut it, it was a little longer from where my ears are...it's starting to grow back a bit but it's still around shoulder length!
    May God bless you all!

Thanks

I also have had tremendous hair loss since being diagnosed. I had a scalp biopsy at the Mayo Clinic and there wasn't active lupus so my doctor concluded that it was from the prednisone. I used to have long hair, down my back just below my bra strap, and I cut it just above my shoulders. It still falls out but it's not as traumatic as it was when it was long. I've noticed that as I taper the prednisone down it has been falling out less, but I still end up with a comb-full in the morning, and hair all over my clothes at the end of the day. Just another thing to add to the list of reasons having this disease sucks, huh?

Thanks

Hi
    It sure does suck!!!! I see a dermatologist in Chestnut Hill Massachusetts on the 28th for a biopsy too. We'll see what he says. It feels weird when I put my fingers on the strange scabs, kind of like a crater. Do you have those too? I know, sounds gross but it's the only way I can describe it.

Have a great turkey day!
    Denise
    Hugs,
    Denise (NH)