Hi!

Approximately three days ago, I began to experience excruciating chest pain in the centre of my chest and to the left, behind my breast. The pain worsens at night and when I lie down. Last night, I could not lie down at all because the pain was TERRIBLE, so I didn't sleep at all and woke my mother (I am sixteen years old) up at 04:00 a.m. because I was so desperate. She made me some warm herbal tea. The pain is relieved when I lean forward. I also have a dry, non-productice cough. I am also experiencing mild shortness of breath. I do have Asthma, but somehow, these problems don't feel like Asthma. My chest also hurts just under the ribcage.

Yesterday, my wrists started to pain like crazy and began to swell a bit, so I took an anti-inflammatory. I also developed a fever yesterday and had a seizure at school. I have been taking Tylenol for the fever.

I am also experiencing bad headaches and migraines, although I get these often, so they may not be related. I also have abdominal pain and am experiencing nosebleeds, which is unusual for me. :?

I am not generally clumsy or shaky at all, although I do sometimes experience tremours, but now I keep dropping things and my hands seem unsteady and "jerky".

Okay, I'm concerned because there is a strong family history of Rheumatic Fever in my family. Also, I have had terrible sore throats for the last few months, but ignored most of them as being "viral", so I didn't go to the doctor. My father had Rheumatic Fever as a child and developed terrible heart damage from it. He has Mitral Valve Stenosis and Regurgitation (i.e. the heart doesn't pump effectively and "leaks") and his heart has enlarged itself (Cardiomegaly) to compensate. He also developed a Bradycardia and First-Degree Heart Block. My grandmother also had Rheumatic Fever as a child and was EXTREMELY ill. She was in hospital for three months (and she was only seven years old!) with severe Arthritis, etc. Luckily, she did not develop lasting heart damage. A few of my aunts, uncles, great-aunts and great-uncles have also had Rheumatic Fever.

My question is, does anyone here think that this might be Rheumatic Fever? Marycain?

Thanks and keep well!