Thread: not a good day

Thanks

Default not a good day

I am having such a bad day. We go on vacation next week and boy do I ever need it! I'm completely burned out, have no patience for anything and just want to be in bed sleeping.

I found out yesterday one of the aids at my mom's facility mistreated her and that just lit my fire! He got the day off today pending an investigation, but if they don't fire him, he won't be taking care of my mom again or I'll have someone's booty! There is NO excuse for anyone to mistreat the people in nursing homes, and it's NOT going to happen to my mom. Heads will roll first...and a Kokopelli on the warpath is not something to mess with. I'm really pretty easy going, but mess with my family and man, you just grabbed the bull by something other the horns cuz that wouldn't begin to express the anger. Maybe it's the redneck in me, I don't know. Mom used to tell me that at the age of 2 years old, I would stand in front of her with my arms around her legs, look my 6 foot something father in the face and tell him "do not to hit my mommy"! LOL She said we'd both go flying at that point, but I can just imagine me doing that.

Thanks

:microwave: :microwave: :microwave:

cant say much, except keep smiling i hope
    Fair Oaks California

Thanks

Default I'm with you

Hi Teriod,

(Did we grow up in the same house? I have similar stories as yours with your mom/dad...)

I agree--easygoing is the way to 'be' until someone messes with someone in the family. For me, it's my kids. If you want to see me turn into the Incredible Hulk, just say an undue cross word to them.

You go get 'em at the facility!!!

I do hope you have a better day, though. Stress like this isn't a good thing for you.

Be safe and healthy,
    Kristin

Thanks

Have you gotten the long term care ombudsman involved? Too often, the facilities sweep incidents under the rug, and the person is just put on a different shift - even if they are fired, the facility is afraid to give bad references so the person just gets a job at a different facility. If there is serious maltreatment involved, then criminal charges should be brought.

Here is a link for the LTCO for Cleveland.

http://www.ltco.org/

Thanks

Default Re: I'm with you

Quote Originally Posted by chichibug
    Hi Teriod,

(Did we grow up in the same house? I have similar stories as yours with your mom/dad...)

I agree--easygoing is the way to 'be' until someone messes with someone in the family. For me, it's my kids. If you want to see me turn into the Incredible Hulk, just say an undue cross word to them.

You go get 'em at the facility!!!

I do hope you have a better day, though. Stress like this isn't a good thing for you.

Be safe and healthy,

Kristin
    im sorry its not me, its kokopelli, although i can agree with the way she feels, i cant allow myself to get like that anymore and its not easy

and here,here for what marycain posted, dont allow to swept under rug
    Fair Oaks California

Thanks

They did report it to the state and are investigating the incident. They have interviewed a trainee aid that was in the room when this happened and they had to roll her several times to get her cleaned up. I know that sometimes, when rolling, she can get close to one side of the bed or the other and according to this third party, that's how her face got so close to the wall and also says that he at no time, used foul language with her.

The facility is still trying to figure out how to handle it. All I know is that my mom truely believes what she says happened and how it happened. Sooo...at the very least they will keep him from caring for her again. They may put him on a different hall or they will fire him, but they are still trying to make that decision.

Thanks

Default Woops!

D'Oh!

Yup, I meant Kokopelli